Kona Kilauea 1992 in Torbay

Re:

Cheshire1980":3huou5wh said:
Captain Stupido":3huou5wh said:
How did I miss this? Just down the road... probably a good job, mind. :facepalm:

You will probably see your Old Orange clockwork 1992 (in purple) again, as I have moved down to South Devon :D Lovely bike :cool:

Nice! Good to have another RBer in the area. Not sure I want to see that bike again though, would make me regret selling it... was a cracker. ;)

Yes seems to be a few Retrobikers down these parts, would be good to have a meet up when covid has settled down. Yes its a super Clockwork, have owned a few 1992s, sold on now, but keeping this one, like the unusual colour scheme, and the brown velo saddle, which are seen in the Orange 1992 brochure. Have not changed anything on it.. Its the same as when you had it.. The only thing am going to change is the old ground control tyres, put some more modern amber walls on.

Re:

Excellent. I had Smokes on it. Tell the truth I only rode it a couple of times - but I enjoyed them! I had tweaks in mind (mainly stem/bars) but couldn't bring myself to take it away from original spec. Dibs when/if you sell - I'd like another earlyish Orange.

I'm off for a quick ride now in the C16r. Got to pick my van up from a garage in Milber. Nice to have an excuse. :mrgreen:

Meet up sounds good. There are a few of us down here. :cool:

Great, yes would be good to meet up with some fellow Retrobiker or bike enthusiasts.. :)
If I ever sell, will let you know first.

Re:

This was me... Really didn't expect to get it at this price! I was just finishing lunch at work so just shoved in a quick bid and left it. Wasn't till I'd finished work later and checked my phone that I found I'd won it!

Picked it up yesterday.. It does seem to have a stuck post, so I'd imagine I'll start with that at some point. Its a 19" frame, which appears in reasonable condition, although may decide to spray frame and fork and put on new decals from gil.... But I'll try and start a build thread at some point

Re: Re:

dandy1":fum9kyk0 said:
This was me... Really didn't expect to get it at this price! I was just finishing lunch at work so just shoved in a quick bid and left it. Wasn't till I'd finished work later and checked my phone that I found I'd won it!

Picked it up yesterday.. It does seem to have a stuck post, so I'd imagine I'll start with that at some point. Its a 19" frame, which appears in reasonable condition, although may decide to spray frame and fork and put on new decals from gil.... But I'll try and start a build thread at some point

Hooray :D It's gone to a good home :cool:

Re:

Wanted this but 30 minute drive in lockdown seemed wrong.

Does this have a 1 1/8th headset based on it being a late 92 model?

Latest posts

Back