Sorted Wanted 1992 Kona Kilauea

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Looking to build my Kona collection up again so i'm after a 19 inch frame size 1992 Kilauea like the one in the picture or maybe an 18 inch size. This is another Kona i always regretted selling, in fact i think i've always regretted selling my Konas šŸ¤£
A full bike or frame and forks not to fussed, if anyone has one they want to part with let me know.
Can do swaps if you like because there's a few non Konas in my collection i would be willing to part with.

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220813_123602.jpg
    Screenshot_20220813_123602.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I have a mint 1992 Kona Kilauea but 20" but in Black. Great bike. I've had it since new purchased from York Cycle works. I still have the original receipt and owners handbook from September 1992 also. Paid in cash which seemed like a lot of money at the time.

Attachments

• Kona Kilauea.JPG
    Kona Kilauea.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 32
Wow. Nice bike! Looks like it didn't get much use or you looked after it very, very well. Not sure I have ever seen a black 92 Kilauea.

I bought my first mountain bike - a Ridgeback (601LX I think?) from York Cycleworks around 86. And then in 89 bought a Giant Escaper from them too (which I still own). Then bought the Kilauea from Evans in Croydon in 92. Sold it about 3 years ago and regretted it ever since.

But I just bought a 92 Kilauea on eBay. Picking it up today. Probably a bit too big for me, but I don't mind.

I have a mint 1992 Kona Kilauea but 20" but in Black. Great bike. I've had it since new purchased from York Cycle works. I still have the original receipt and owners handbook from September 1992 also. Paid in cash which seemed like a lot of money at the time.
Hey, were you looking to sell this at all?

No sorry would never sell it. Too many memories attached to it.

I do have NOS headset and replica decals if you find one though.

19 when I got it.

No sorry would never sell it. Too many memories attached to it.

I do have NOS headset and replica decals if you find one though.

19 when I got it.
No worries - completely understand. Its a cracking looking bike!

Hey, I do have one, I just posted with a couple of pics to your other thread.
It's been Resprayed... But it looks great, have a load of pics from the refurb if you're interested. It was a wreck when I got it. Cheers

Back