Kona Hot for my Ritchey Ultra???

Personally I would keep the Ultra, it is cleaner and far more versatile.
Just curious: How is a bike with two more gears and better brakes less versatile? :)

Looks like you're trying to sell you Ritchey anyway, right? @HuskyDinoBomber
I'd say the Ritchey is worth more than the Kona. So a 1:1 trade would arguably not be a great deal.

My thoughts are that the Ultra is lets say a lesser Ritchey since it’s mig welded Taiwan built where as the kona is a rare Tom Teesdale built bike, so more collectible. I enjoy the restoration process and not much of a rider other than casual rides. The Ritchey is a beauty and I love it but something new is very appealing and this is rare enough to qualify as a good replacement. The high end bike market seems to be pretty slow right now so a trade seems like a good way for a fresh bike to tinker with.

Before you hit the trigger, make sure you get the SN. It should start TET.

For what it's worth, the parts are a right mish-mash of good and not-so good. If you're looking for period correct then you'll need to spend a lot. The paint seems a bit thick so I'm wondering if it's a respray. If it is, then that's devalued the frame by at least half.

Does that HOT have the correct Tange decal?
That blue decal is the same as the decal on the 1992 Explosif. I thought HOT’s had a higher end tube set (Tange Ultrastrong?).

Before you hit the trigger, make sure you get the SN. It should start TET.

For what it's worth, the parts are a right mish-mash of good and not-so good. If you're looking for period correct then you'll need to spend a lot. The paint seems a bit thick so I'm wondering if it's a respray. If it is, then that's devalued the frame by at least half.
Good info, that's kinda why I posted this as I'm not sure what it would have had originally. Obviously the seat tube stem and bars are different, and from what I've read it should have cantilever brakes. Don't think it's a repaint but I could be wrong. I will reach out to owner for more info.

Back