Kona Explosif.... One foot in the grave? .... SHES ALIVE !!!

Re: Kona Explosif.... One foot in the grave !?

The frame had some random stickers

Revolution !? on the drive side top tube ...

Onza and "Speed " !? on the non drive side ...

Havent a clue what they were ... magazine freebies maybe ? they were tatty and made the frame look cluttered so they had to go.

my concern was just how much the paint has faded and was i going to be left with purple patches once they were removed ?

well, yes and no :LOL:

First to go was the Revolution sticker from the top tube ... sun strike through has left a siloette in the paint :shock: ... i think it looks quite cool.

close up of the decal ..

easily removed by warming with a hair dryer leaving a sticky residue ...

Residue removed and paint cut with meguires leaving a ghostly silhouette :cool:

"speed " sticker removed from seat post down tube... what a mess ...

...Residur removed with panel wipe and paint cut with meguires theres a trace of pre fade colour but its not too bad.. it'll do for now....

Damn they were awful and i'd certainly agree about them being magazine freebies as they certainlt weren't standard but it looks ton's better now their gone :cool: and that paint work looks great nice work mate ;) ..

Cheers mate. Yeah it's looking a bit fresher now though with the purchase of the humbrol touch up paint (£1.8o) My plan of making this a zero budget build have been thwarted :facepalm: . Oh yeah, I need to buy some bottom bracket bearings too .. That shouldn't brake the bank.

Anyone know how long these enamel model paint take to dry? It's taking an age.

Re:

Nice work on the decals! :cool:

Did you use white spirit for stickiness removal?

enc":145yjcke said:
Cheers mate. Yeah it's looking a bit fresher now though with the purchase of the humbrol touch up paint (£1.8o) My plan of making this a zero budget build have been thwarted :facepalm: . Oh yeah, I need to buy some bottom bracket bearings too .. That shouldn't brake the bank.

Anyone know how long these enamel model paint take to dry? It's taking an age.

That's a fair price for the paint as i'm pretty certain it's the £2.20 mark down the road from me :shock: and drying time will take at least 12 hours to be properly dry depending on thickness of the paint tbh as i once did a full frameset by hand back in the eighties and i left it a full 24 hours before i was happy enough with the drying but i did put a fair bit on but the the results were amazing as it shone like glass and still looked wet when it were dry and no their wasn't any brush marks on the paint finish :eek: ..

That's a fair price for the paint as i'm pretty certain it's the £2.20 mark down the road from me :shock: and drying time will take at least 12 hours to be properly dry depending on thickness of the paint tbh as i once did a full frameset by hand back in the eighties and i left it a full 24 hours before i was happy enough with the drying but i did put a fair bit on but the the results were amazing as it shone like glass and still looked wet when it were dry and no their wasn't any brush marks on the paint finish :eek: ..[/quote]

Really? That sounds great! Have you got any pics mister?

What have you used to polish the frame - just T-cut? Looks awesome :cool:

Be interested to know how the Humbrol holds up too. I generally retouch with acrylic paint (water-based so it's pretty easy to blend and get a good colour match) but it's a burger to shine up afterwards.

Mike Muz 67":2etmej0p said:

That's a fair price for the paint as i'm pretty certain it's the £2.20 mark down the road from me :shock: and drying time will take at least 12 hours to be properly dry depending on thickness of the paint tbh as i once did a full frameset by hand back in the eighties and i left it a full 24 hours before i was happy enough with the drying but i did put a fair bit on but the the results were amazing as it shone like glass and still looked wet when it were dry and no their wasn't any brush marks on the paint finish :eek: ..

Really? That sounds great! Have you got any pics mister?[/quote]

No pics Mike as i didn't own a camera and mobiles hadn't been invented at the time :shock: so couldn't use one of them either and don't call me Mister :LOL: ..

Muddy paw":22tx8xi7 said:
Mike Muz 67":22tx8xi7 said:

Really? That sounds great! Have you got any pics mister?

No pics Mike as i didn't own a camera and mobiles hadn't been invented at the time :shock: so couldn't use one of them either and don't call me Mister :LOL: ..[/quote]

Sorry, Paw :LOL:

May look it up on youtube then

Mister 67 ;)

Back