Kona Explosif 1997 - "look, a golden bike!"

Re:

There's a ton of info here, across the site and on that mystical portal called Google that will answer your question.

There's even a sticker on the seat tube that'll tell you ;-)

Re:

Week 6 of lockdown meant getting back on Goldie - no bad thing at all! With the trails as they are at the moment - hard packed and grippy - she's (my legs) flying along at the moment. Lovely stuff :mrgreen:

V2QdgR.jpg

8wr3NZ.jpg

Was a great day to hit the dry trails, I did the same on my rigid Kilauea..

Waiting to fit some new SIDs. Interesting to feel the difference.

Great Explosif BTW, Max OR is a great tube set
:cool:

Yeah it has been 😘

I climbed aboard Bee yesterday evening but quickly fell foul of a flat Eagle battery. I'm pretty sure Goldie sabotaged it, and for good reason. It's been far too long since we went on a ride and she quickly reminded me why she's fabulous. The ride is like nothing else in the garage; stiff, agile, and super light up front. We were skipping and sliding all over the place but stayed upright throughout. It was a blast 👍

3jiF8b.jpg

BsHHYz.jpg

KsGsZQ.jpg

Let's not talk about the puncture I got 30 seconds after taking the pics. That's one side of modern bikes that really is better than the old skool ;) Eagle eyes might spot she's running 221 rims now (swapped from the Caldera, that originally came on the 97 Kilauea now long gone) on fresh Smoke and Darts. Stopping power has increased which is fine by me.

Latest posts

Back