Kona dog collar type cable guide

Teggers

Old School Hero
I've been puzzling over ways to route my rear brake cable on a v-brake conversion on my Kona Explosif build in a sensible, logical and aesthetically pleasing way. Tried a problem solver but they only have a 2 cable stopper that fits and I don't really want it on the top tube. Thought about just running full cable with outers with 3M cable clips. If I'd planned this far ahead I could have had a stopper brazed on in the right place prior to powdercoating but too late for that now...

Either of these will do the job and work but neither are particularly pretty. Ideally for my previously canti'd Explosif that now has V-brakes the dog collar looks like the best option. But I'm struggling to find one or when I do the seller (ebay) wants the earth for it.

Happy to swap a good condition canti guide and/or cash if someone has a spare lying around in black, red or silver. Can anyone help please?

Years ago, on a Kona AA I carefully drilled the existing canti dog coller to accept a stepped ferrule for that
small bit of outer cable to the V-brake. Just a suggestion, but with these suggestions I risk being burnt at the
stake and black balled from RB. Just think though, these diddly little parts are getting rare and hence why they
cost the earth and every time one is butchered the price goes even higher.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Woz, I fully expect to get flamed/irritate the hell out of people by restomodding my Explosif but, at the end of the day, it's my bike a d I'll build it how I want to. Yes it might be nice to have it as it came out of the factory but it's not practical for me to do that. Taken to its nth degree, would people rather live in a cave, dress in animal skin and eat raw meat and whatever they can gather or have a nice barn conversion with new electric and plumbing. Not to mention internet so they can be irritated and offended by people not living as nature intended...

kermitgreenkona88. Thank you. I've sent a message.

Back