Kona Cindercone

Small update to this bike, I've not changed anything although I have removed the weight from the back and started using it. Just got back from a good ride out this evening with a friend on his carbon yeti asr.
Having done the same ride three weeks in a row first on my stumpjumper fsr, then my 456 and now the Kona I've decided I'm going to build a modernised version of the Kona. Whether I start with this frame or look for an Explosif I've not decided, but I want this bike with disks and new bits.

This one will be pulled apart soon and I'll be on the look out for some suitable parts!

Attachments

• Kona night rid.jpg
    Kona night rid.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 702
I kept catching the front hub spinning in the light of my head torch last night, really looks cool... that sounds really sad doesn't it!

So the bikes been split up, and is currently being 'modified' I don't think it needs a new thread yet though. I dropped the frame off with Lee Cooper last night for a disk mount, brace and cable tabs and have been chatting to guys I know at Brockhall Coachworks in Northampton about a respray. The idea was/is to respray it in a very similar colour but more metallic, however I'm unsure now.

I already removed the canti mounts and cleaned up the areas to be worked on.

Attachments

• Kona1.jpg
    Kona1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 575
  • Kona2.jpg
    Kona2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 575
  • kona3.jpg
    kona3.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 575
Back