Kona Cindercone

Here's mine
4543676994_64484ca973.jpg

keep it silver - maaan! :)

She's complete... well for the time being anyway! Took her out last night, and it brought back so many memories of mid 90's rides... feels very lively!

Not 100% sure on the silver/black balance, but as much as I'd like to pimp her up a little more, I really cant justify throwing any money towards doing it.

To be perfectly honest there's also a rack and childs seat to be put on as that's the main use for this bike! :eek:

note: have some nice silver spds to fit on but wanted to run up the road last night thus the flatties!

Attachments

• photo11 copy.gif
    photo11 copy.gif
    226.8 KB · Views: 2,655
  • photo7 copy.gif
    photo7 copy.gif
    226.4 KB · Views: 2,655
How much travel do those forks have? Thinking of putting some pace forks on mine but the ones I have are quite a bit taller than the P2 currently fitted.

I like the blue frame :cool:

I read they have 90mm, which is about right(must admit I've not checked)... they're longer than my Manitou EFC and my 97 Judy XC's. I always run Judy DH's on my kona's bitd, but then I used to run a 16" frame and play on the jumps and race DH on them!

Built to be used, although the handling isn't great for some reason! :)

Attachments

• photo12.jpg
    photo12.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 2,421
Kevhl":1etuwvum said:
Built to be used, although the handling isn't great for some reason! :)

Yeah, and keep the wheelies to an absolute minimum. ;)

Used to take my eldest daughter out in one of these a lot, switched to a trailer now and pull both daughters. Handles a lot nicer than the seat but hard work. Have fun.

She's alright with the wheelies as long as I put the front back down gently... it's the very bumpy bits I have to remember to slow down on though! Always amusing to have the little voice behind you shouting 'faster daddy, faster'.

Without the seat and rack on though the bikes awesome, really flies and although it doesn't feel as competent as my newer bikes it's much more involving!

Going to need one of these myself soon as we have a 3rd on the way, the mrs has a trailerbike for my youngest (for the moment) and I will need a bike for a seat for the new addition. I really don't want to put a seat on my Anteaus or Kula and this sort of thing is bang on it!

Got my eye on something at the moment in fact.

Carl.

Had it on my Cannondale, then my Zaskar as well... used to run it on an RSP dual slalom frame but that was a little on the small side!

Back