Kona CinderCone and Hahanna

I think it looks clean with that set up, turned out really nice. I used to run those on my old dj bike years ago good brakes nicely machined as well😎👍🏻

Looks great! Decals are a nerve wracking process. How about I’ll do your decals if you put some disc tabs on my Kilauea 😉

The decals were nerve wracking and I messed them up. I would need counselling setting about a Kilauea with a grinder lol.

The decals were nerve wracking and I messed them up. I would need counselling setting about a Kilauea with a grinder lol.
Haha! Good job I am (half) joking. It’s a great idea to experiment on a rougher frame. Definitely something I’d like to learn in the future

I did a 62 mile ride on the cinder cone last Sunday and it was really nice to ride, light, responsive and that nice positive feeling flex you get from a steel frame. I did a 38 mile ride on the Hahanna yesterday and I expected it to be a bit dull with the chain stay brace welded in and the frame being more entry level but boy was I wrong! My worries about the conversion ruining the ride quality were quickly gone, it rides just as well and its really playful feeling. I would say go for it, if that's what you want to do. I will do the cinder cone but I don't like the rear mech cable route on that bike so I might get a proper frame builder to do the alterations on that one but I will make my own disc tab for it, I could make an extra one if you like lol

I did a bit of reading and it seems hope did a 4 pot version of the 2002 mini, an m4. I managed to find a tidy one on the bay of temptation and hey presto. It might be a bit overkill but that’s the best kind, I think lol…. 46168763-FEFD-44A9-B3DE-AA9565626300.jpeg

Back