Kona Cindercone '94 (Sort of!)

chainguard":ywnt88zc said:
Chris D":ywnt88zc said:
chainguard":ywnt88zc said:
Novel dog collar arrangement :? :?:

That was actually commercially available

Blimey. That must have been a niche market! Presumably it was designed for mounting in the 'traditional' seat tube position too :eek:

um, Edit. No it wasn't (I guess). The cable would have come out of the 'top' then!

Yes. It was only for the seat tube. Niche market? Not so sure. How many Kona's from that era had their brakes changed to v's. And at the time Madgetts was the Kona dealer for the area.

Yes. Good point. I remember re-routing the cables on my pre V brake Trek (it had a hollow 'noodle' brazed around the seat tube for the rear canti's) to accommodate V brakes. Ended up running the front mech cable through the noodle and the rear brake cable through the front mech cable stop... Might have been different had I found your solution at the time.

chainguard":1ohlbjda said:
Yes. Good point. I remember re-routing the cables on my pre V brake Trek (it had a hollow 'noodle' brazed around the seat tube for the rear canti's) to accommodate V brakes. Ended up running the front mech cable through the noodle and the rear brake cable through the front mech cable stop... Might have been different had I found your solution at the time.

Thank you but not my solution though I am sure there are a few posters here who could do with such an item.

That was generally refered to as a "backstop" - looks like a Tektro one, that does.
I fitted loads when I was workshop manager of a Kona dealer through the mid nineties :)

Reluctant":1t3ptr45 said:
That was generally refered to as a "backstop" - looks like a Tektro one, that does.
I fitted loads when I was workshop manager of a Kona dealer through the mid nineties :)

Thank you Reluctant. I did think they must have been common once v-brakes appeared as the only 'let down' on my Kona was the original breaks.

Back