kona cinder cone ss

godders

Retrobike Rider
Have been looking in for a while now , so i thought that i should put up some picks of my "tip find " cinder cone ... started with the frame , forks
and a few original parts .... the rest coming from fleabay , crc and what i had in the shed !! still looking for a better stem but he kalloy will do for now . picks not in the rite order :oops: but im sure you get the gist .

Attachments

• 100_0195.JPG
    100_0195.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 1,621
  • 100_0562.JPG
    100_0562.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 1,621
  • 100_0740.JPG
    100_0740.JPG
    169.1 KB · Views: 1,621
  • 100_0741.JPG
    100_0741.JPG
    196.1 KB · Views: 1,621
Very nice and clean

I can't make out what you have done with the rear hub and dropouts. Is that a singlespeed hub?

Hi broadway ,
drop outs are as they were and just a simple spacer kit and surley 18 tooth cog from charlie the bikemonger ,
thanks for the coments guys : )

Very cool. . . :cool:

How you getting on with the ghost gear?

Got one working briefly but it kept falling out so I have a tensioner now :oops:

Since joing this site, always find me looking in skips..also as and when going to the local tip..also looking to what people are throwing prior to going in skip..the tip staff/tally men are usually pretty good, but now a local"contractor" removes all bikes.. :D but good find Bud nice one :cool:
Ernie ;)

I've never seen a 'ghost' ring before and know nothing about single speeds. Does this not mean the chain wants a link or two removing?

Great looking bike though.

Ghost ring tensions the chain..
Without a rear mech, or brand new chain and 'magic ratio' (or an eccentric bottom bracket), there will be a little slack in the chain that needs taking up or it'll fall off a lot... that's my understanding, anyway.. ;)

Really nice build :cool:

Theres a wee vid on you tube of a ghost gear.

Back