kona cinder cone ss

Ghost ring works realy well !!! , i was going to use a tensioner but couldnt make my mind up witch one to get so when i put it all together i thought i would give it a try ,got to say though there was very little slack in the chain when joined :D and to be honest i just didnt have the bits to keep trying different ratios , had to put the front ring on the inside of the spider and make sure that the chain line was spot on , i recon i can move it back at least one more link before i have to shorten the chai again :D

Wish it'd worked for me, love the ghost ring setup. . . :cool:

Just got a bit tiresome pedalling and randomly hearing ting, ting ting as it took an unwelcome excursion :LOL:

Now that is very nice indeed :cool:

Never seen a ghost ring setup before - looks scary :LOL:

Take it you got the rear cable stop brazed on when frame being painted?

Nice.

Hi mark65 , yes its a powder coat , the paint was in a prety bad state when i got it so took it to KEEP powder coaters in uckfield sussex , they did a realy good job on it ... well i think so anyway :) and it only cost £45 thats for shot blasting , coating and a coat of clear lacquer ... bargin !!! cable stop was brazed on by a guy in the work shop at work ..... i was told that he would make a realy first class job of it ........ but he didnt :( but it was free :D only a bit crooked :LOL: .

Powder Coating...

.......Looks very nice......I have a black 1991 CC that is now striped down and ready to go off to the powder coaters.

Anything I need to make sure I do when it goes....what do I do with the brake bosses and BB hole etc..

Cheers

(Never been to the powdercoaters before) Rob.

Hi rob . mac ,
the powder coaters should take care of it for you realy !!
mine put a tape over bosses and any threaded bits ....
must be somthing special coz it puts up with the heat
of the oven and dosent melt !!
just make sure that you go through with them what you
dont want coated and it should be fine ... hope it turns
out as ok ...put some picks up when you get it back : )

still looking for a better stem but he kalloy will do for now

The UNO stems aren't that bad? Compared weights with some controltech etc but no huge difference. And quality can't be that bad considering Kalloy makes like 75% of the parts sold today. Need some Guru-input on this though :)

Yeh your rite about the uno , tis very lite realy for what you pay
and if i do replace it its going to have to be the same length and
rise ......to save my poor neck :) .... however im now looking to
replace the front rim after taking a bit of a tumble the other evening ....
result ......was out cold for at least 15 mins , a six hour stay in casualty and a big bill for a new rim and helmet ....but if i didnt have one on .....
.....would i still be here ???? :shock:

Attachments

• 100_0772.JPG
    100_0772.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_0775.JPG
    100_0775.JPG
    71.1 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_0751.JPG
    100_0751.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 561
  • 100_0750.JPG