Kona 2016

Re:

Take an old (mid to late 90's) steel Kona frame , braze on some disc tabs , chuck some modern plush 100mm air forks on it , modern drivetrain and hey presto best of both worlds , good brakes and forks , and a brilliant ride on a retro frame . :D

Re:

I think they all look ridiculous the wheels all look too big And the stems are all like an inch long.

All this new wheel size business is mostly just to sell more bikes and for people who have to be seen with the latest new toy. I cant see it makes much difference maybe with a 29er but then there must be drawbacks in other area's (low speed technical stuff).

Without all this new wheel size stuff people would probably just swap out a frame if they wanted or needed to, once they have a bike at a decent spec level already.

I'm sticking with my 26er at the moment!

Re:

Ive ridden a 2012 kona honky tonk road bike a fair bit and its ace. Obvious that road outsells mtb so why not push that way as a business striving for profit.

As for the rest, largely generic same as all other manufacturers. Modern bikes all do a job not much to distinguish them. At the lower end bikes from all brands are basic and largely ugly. Has been for ten years or so.

Kona have done some horrid bikes over the years.. had a 07 conder cone felt like riding a filing cabinet but they also have some quality like the honzo and last year humu looked great.

Just dont pay rrp as they heavily discount

Back