Kona Kilauea 1997 - now living in Germany

Re:

I was just wondering the same thing...

I lurk and read most of the Kona threads but don't post as much as I could/should, still more of a '96 man myself though ;-)

Re: Kona Kilauea 1997 - experiment time

No pic updates but everything is stripped off the Kula now so cleaning and assembly can begin.

However, I have a stem issue. The one from the seller is fucked. Somehow they've managed to screw it up as it's not totally flush when placed on the CK headset. I've tested it with other stems and on closer inspection, the base is off by 1 mm or so. Christ knows how they did that.

So, I need a 97 Tahoma Somme stem, preferably one from a 19/20" model so it has the longer reach. Does anyone have one in their parts box they could sell to me?

thats a bit annoying... is there not a local engineering firm who could shave a bit off? or failing that get a low stack spacer and file one side down to the stem sits on that?

I really don't want to piss about with it. A nice "new" one will do :)

al-onestare":3gf1mq46 said:
All sorted! Proper Curve bars on their way as well :)

that was quick :shock:

whished some of my wanted parts could be that quick :facepalm:

magas":1emk3pj1 said:
al-onestare":1emk3pj1 said:
All sorted! Proper Curve bars on their way as well :)

that was quick :shock:

whished some of my wanted parts could be that quick :facepalm:

The search functionality is dead handy :mrgreen:

What's been going on with this? Parts collecting that's what. So managed to gather the following:

Curve bars
Tahoma stem (not quite the same length or colour, but it's the same as the ones I use elsewhere so it'll be a good fit)
Kevlar Flite (amazing quality!)
XTR grey gear cables
XTR grey brake cables (incoming next week)
Panaracer Fire XC Pro tyres (blue sidewalls - like the yellow ones I have on the Manomano)

Just need grips and we're good. Oh and some time at the weekends to put it together!!

Back