Koga Miyata Ridge Runner 1990 NOS

Thanks klunkerbr! I wish I was also in Brasil ;)

You are right yo-Nate-y, it has many little details that make it a very special bike, like it lots! About the post, I got some and all but one are in great shape, is a nice shimano bit.

Thanks for the info Elev12k! Always nice having an expert, I thought it was a 1990 one, but it´s as you said a 1991. Back in the day, they weren´t imported to Spain, so I have no reference about how pricey they were. What could you buy for the same money???
And thanks again about the saddle… I didn´t realise it was faded, just thought it was a brown version 

Thanks to all for the kind comments!!

I´m located in the north of Spain, the pics are in the beginning of the Camino de Santiago. The bike rides well, it´s a nice one, but surprisingly heavy! Don’t know the weight yet, but I guess it should be around 13kg?

The e-stay RidgeRunners were around 4000 guilders back in the day, about 1800 euro.

I have an earlier steel 'panther' RidgeRunner like this one >>

GregH.jpg

Greg wun the 1990 DH Worlds with the steel Miyata RidgeRunner. It had a RS-1 suspension forks fitted. One of the 1st.

The 1993 RidgeRunner had a sophisticated carbon frame with Showa fork and Yamaha rear suspension. Greg wun the NORBA cup with it.

Thanks again! Well Pierre, not really a great job from me, I just picked it out of the box ;)
I still haven´t weighed it, but I´m pretty sure it´ll be a heavy one...

Re:

Nice Ridgerunner!

Now I am rebuilding an 1991 Ridgerunner and these pictures are a fine example!
The biggest problem I do encounter is the color.
I have been going through many examples of red and I know this one is metalic.
But it is so difficult to match it from screen!
Does anyone know which color red this is?

I would very much appreciate any help on this.

Back