Kirk Revolution 200

I think it’s a shame Kirk never went higher in spec. I think it would’ve been cool to see a Kirk with xtr/xt in the catalogues and made with lighter bars/stem/forks. Of course they did make the Kirk road bike which was equipped with dura ace

I think it’s a shame Kirk never went higher in spec. I think it would’ve been cool to see a Kirk with xtr/xt in the catalogues and made with lighter bars/stem/forks. Of course they did make the Kirk road bike which was equipped with dura ace
I agree with the weight of the frame they needed all the help they could get with weight saving elsewhere.

With your bottom bracket there, try with your park tool wrench as intended but try covering the side of the Park Tool that will contact the bottom bracket housing with masking tape, then put on the tool, then cover the tool and part of the bottom bracket cup with another piece of stiff, flat metal, then take a big C-clamp and pin both the bottom bracket cup and tool. The C-clamp on the opposite side of your work will pin the other cup. THEN try and turn tool with both hands or perhaps a long breaker bar as well. The theory is sound and works really well for splined bottom bracket cups like an XTR m900 for example, but I have not tried with that specific tool or bottom bracket. Who knows!?

I have used this guys method here, but instead of the bolt to the spindle, I have used a big ol' C-clamp.

Really, is a shame. An XT and XTR variants would have been more appropriate. His old advertisements of running over frames and crushing them then running over his frames and surviving no problem is classic.

Does anyone know the stripped bare frame weight?

Last edited:
With your bottom bracket there, try with your park tool wrench as intended but try, covering the side of the Park Tool that will contact the bottom bracket housing, then put on the tool, then cover the tool and part of the bottom bracket cup with another piece of metal, then take a big C-clamp and pin both the bottom bracket cup and tool THEN try and turn tool with both hands. If you have a bench vise to grab the spindle as the bike lays horizontal to your shop floor, even better.

Really, is a shame. An XT and XTR variants would have been more appropriate. His old advertisements of running over frames and crushing them then running over his frames and surviving no problem is classic.

Does anyone know the stripped bare frame weight?
Yes, would be nice to know.

@yakboy is it possible you could weigh the bare frame so we could calculate the weight if you put some higher spec parts on it

Will do if I ever get the damn BB out😅
You can do it! Can you see down the seat tube and see bottom bracket? Maybe a very liberal doucing with penetrox or the like and letting the frame rest on its side will help you work in some breaker lubricant on a few internal threads before you attempt to break it loose again?

Back