Kirk Revolution 200

yakboy

Manitou Fan
Another one for the E-Stay collection. Found it locally this winter for not alot of cash. It is very original and the paint is in good condition (apart from the fork). A few scratches to the decals.
Either 1991 or 1992.
It weighs a ton ! I know these frames are not light but it looks like the bars, stem and seatpost are made of pig iron. 20230326_194326.jpg

I have been collecting Suntour X-1 stuff for a while and have been dying to use this.
20230326_200630.jpg 20230326_204831.jpg

Which may go well with the frame..thinking either the green or the pink and changing the fork colour accordingly.

20230326_210035.jpg

Frame stripped and I can confirm that the bars, stem, seatpost and saddle are really heavy so lots of opportunities to shave a few kg's off.

20230328_162444.jpg
Any ideas how to get this BB out. I usually use my air driven impact wrench on shimano style bb's but this as a 36mm wrench one...I have a hand wrench but it's not budging even after soaking it it oil overnight. If anybody can suggest a suitable attachment for my impact driver that would be great.

Last edited:
Lots, and lots, of wd40 also remember leverage is your friend
My wrench slips easily off the flat sides so finding it difficult to get decent leverage. Hence wanting to try and find an attachment for my impact driver as with standard shimano bb's it works really well

My wrench slips easily off the flat sides so finding it difficult to get decent leverage. Hence wanting to try and find an attachment for my impact driver as with standard shimano bb's it works really well
I don’t think there is an attachment for something like that, or at least I haven’t heard of one. Can’t you make a jig thing using the bolt of the crankset to push the wrench down flat against the frame so I’d doesn’t slip off?

are you using one of these?

are you using one of these?

Yep but it tends to slip off...going to try @Mod-Master 's idea of clamping it on

Back