Kinesis Full-Squish MTB

heinwy

Retro Newbie
For a few years now I have been trying to find as much info on this bike as I can. Best I can figure is it is somewhere around a 1999-2002 Kinesis D.R.U.G. (or possibly a DH based on a thread I found today). I picked this thing up for $20 purely cause it looked cool and had some old parts I could probably use in other projects. Since then it has been built a couple times and is currently in the process of being built up to try to get my mom into bikes.

It's a fun bike but I know nearly nothing about it, might any of y'all out there on the internet hivemind know something about this ol' bike or where I could look to learn more?

Links to threads I've found:
Kinesis D.R.U.G.
Kinesis DH

Attachments

• NBD.jpg
    NBD.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 28
  • First ride (pre pedals).JPG
    First ride (pre pedals).JPG
    146.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Disassembly.JPG
    Disassembly.JPG
    573.1 KB · Views: 27
Isn't that a Scott Ransom?

Edit: Looks very similar but not quite the same.
This bike has been a rabbit hole for that lol. For a while I was wondering if it was an old Marin, and it also looks pretty similar to an older Intense (early 2000’s Uzzi iirc). But it has a partial kinesis stamp under the BB and except for a couple cable guides and the 2nd tube/plate bracer on the seat tube it’s nigh identical to the two I linked

Kinesis made a lot of stuff for other people back then, I wouldn't be surprised if it was there back end but with a modified front end for someone else like Brand-X or similar.

nice looking bike though.

Back