Kinda restomod 92 kona build. Forks and v brakes please

Teggers

Old School Hero
As per my first post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=411303 I'm returning and rebuilding my 92 Explosif. Ordered some new bits today but am still after a nice set of v brakes to replace my XTR canti's and a set of forks.

Re forks, I'm still uncertain as to whether to stay full rigid with some Pace or exotic carbon ones or a set of suspended ones. If the latter, I've always had a thing for Marzocchi Bombers. But the condition and colour must be right as the frame is being pwedercoated glittery metallic black.

Also up for suggestions for parts. I've been browsing this section but nothings jumped out at me yet.

Re:

I've got a few v brakes I could part with.

First up, high budget pauls in purple. Full set including levers. Only ridden for about 100 miles on a garage queen. Not 100% sure I want to.psrt with them though I have rebuiktbtge bike they were on and the purple no longer works due to a change of components.

Avid speed dial 7s. Silver grey in colour, again full set.

M950 full v brake set and levers.

M970 full v brake set and levers. Were brand new when fitted to my now sold sts build. Genuinely did about 20 miles on it, maybe less.

Prg v brakes. Basically Paul copies. Silver/grey or blue. Both new, never used. Have brand new aest or nos tech lite levers in blue, or a brand new set of rbp levers in black. The latter are really nice top of the line levers with ti bolts iirc.

Have others like David sd5, die compe parallel push (like xtr) and onza hola too.

Forks sorted (thanks Ed) and after a set of v brakes now. Ideally blue levers and brakes. Consider red as well. If any other blue/red bits to go along with then I'd be interested too.

A stem will be required at some point. 1 1/8 and 31.8 hut unsure whether to go carbon to match the forks, seatpost and bars or anodized to go with the brakes etc. Am I being a tart by colour coding everything?!

Back