Kids Zaskar (20") Version - Pimped Build Thread

Re: Re:

Lhatch4":22tc82eo said:
Please don't shorten the white industries cranks. :oops: I love them. I'm a little jealous that they're going on a child's bike.

They're not that special. Sugino versions. You can pick a pair up for about
£50-70. Ill let you know if I don't use them however :)

Re: Re:

lockedmyselfout":2pd0hukp said:
Open the search tab and look up “baby pace forks number 2”. It’s something I did for my young un some time ago. It might be right up your street.

These are great. Love them. Fancy knocking me up a pair? :)

one-eyed_jim":622uufjb said:
Nice project.

That Dura-Ace hub requires a unique, very-hard-to-find threaded locking sprocket that was smaller than the standard Uniglide diameter. If you have one, great. If you need one, good luck!

If you can find a 126mm 7-speed Hyperglide hub (105 or Ultegra 600) you can put eight 9-speed sprockets on the freehub body and use 9-speed shifters. Start with an 11-28 or 11-32 cassette and throw away the 11t.

This is amazing info and just the type of support I was looking for when I started this thread. That DA hub is going up for sale then.

Re:

Cleanup has started. Any tips on polishing this bad boy? Planning to use wire wool and Autosol mainly. Perhaps a soft wire brush dremel attachment for the welds?

Attachments

• frame_cleanup - 1.jpg
    frame_cleanup - 1.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 666
i can highly recommend my prodecure: wet paper 1000 all over (if necessary 600 in some spots perhaps), next step belgom alu (that's the stuff!!!!!) with drill driver and very very soft polishing buff a plus luster laces for the corners (behind bb etc.). finally handpolishing with some polish wadding and belgom. last step is cleaning with either rinsing water or brake cleaner spray (car stuff). latex gloves are quite useful :LOL: to cover the gloss (i've been told) a product called liquid glass shall be exhilerating ;) suuupercool project btw.

Attachments

• poliersession.jpg
    poliersession.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 663
Cool build, I'd speak to the guys at Hope, shouldn't be to difficult for them to sort you out a custom width rear RS4 hub.

That is going to be awesome :cool: Re the cranks, if you're not dead set on them having to be period-correct, take a look at some BMX race cranks many of which are available in shorter lengths (Sinz, Redline, Promax) https://www.ebay.com/itm/Insight-BMX-Al ... SwkdFajjo5 - I had a lovely set of Primo 165s back in the early 2Ks (think they did them much shorter too) - they do pop up on ebay from time to time.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Good shout on the Bmx cranks, Answer sets are out there too and as bad as it might be for suggesting it a single ring narrow wide cyclocross ring is perfect for retro crank sets on kids bikes. My daughter has shortened turbines with one on.

Uber cool.

just hope you don't become some over bearing parent everytime it goes out....

not as if your creating a disposable Halfords P.O.S

Well jealous !

Back