Sold KHS Ti Lite Titanium Mountain Bike with Full Shimano XTR

Well, interesting thread.

I think the rb community is great for helping people out, which should be the norm in most things but sadly it is not these days. The bike was easily worth the £750 and to expect it for a lot less is taking the p*** basically.

I am glad it sold closer to its value and the seller was not left with regrets :cool:

I wonder if it sold to one of the guys calling out it was too cheap, and if theyd have been so quick to do so had they been interested.... I'm not sure who's got the moral high ground myself, the guy after a bargain, or the guy ruining it for him!... If I'm selling something, I'll sell it for a price I'm happy getting for it, or done research over... Its my responsibility and choice as the seller... Alls wwll that ends well

And I don't think trying to snag a bargain is "taking the p1ss" that's harsh... Not sure the guy did anything wrong did he?! I got one can't blame him, but maybe I'm a p1ss taker too!

And I don't think trying to snag a bargain is "taking the p1ss" that's harsh... Not sure the guy did anything wrong did he?! I got one can't blame him, but maybe I'm a p1ss taker too!

Well, in respect to the community spirit of this forum of fellow collectors and enthusiasts as opposed to someone happy to take advantage and merely trying to make a profit out of someone elses lack of knowledge, then yes.

Last edited:
Well, in respect to the community spirit of this forum of fellow collectors and enthusiasts as opposed to someone happy to take advantage and merely trying to make a profit out of someone elses lack of knowledge, then yes.
Sorry I'm not as knowledgeable of other people's intent, I thought maybe he just saw a bargain.. Maybe he couldn't afford a1k bike, I'm not to know and try not to judge people too quickly ... Hey ho

Sorry I'm not as knowledgeable of other people's intent, I thought maybe he just saw a bargain.. Maybe he couldn't afford a1k bike, I'm not to know and try not to judge people too quickly ... Hey ho

For sure a bargain, even at £750, and who doesn't like a bargain. Not my point though really. Not really wanting to make it about an individual, more about the idea, but as we are here now; A bargain was indeed spotted, it was though, as i am sure others, especially longer standing members would have noticed, well under priced. The original price was half that which it seems to have sold for, now, as we know bargains are great, but there comes a point surely when a persons conscience comes forward and brings one back to humanity, the caring side i mean, not the ever so prevalent side of greed and all its quirks so often seen in todays society. Now if one had wanted the bike based on your possible assumptions then surely one would not then go on to try to justify the action and subsequent attempts at justification concerning the time and effort of stripping, listing and posting etc of the said bike. One would also not try to validate ones valuation on the above mentioned points along with the assumed condition of no one else, namely other collectors, knowing how much anything is worth, which may just be me but i would assume collectors of a certain subject would be ideal to make these valuations, and that someone who is used to selling similar items surely knows better. Well, questionable to me at least, and as mentioned above not really what the community, i hope, is mainly about.

And for me, again personally, if a knowledgeable member resorts to the above attitude and actions fully knowing the actual value of an item and as i said, seemingly taking advantage of anothers lack of knowledge, then that is taking the p... any way you look at it.

Latest posts

Back