Sold KHS Ti Lite Titanium Mountain Bike with Full Shimano XTR

For sale is my KHS Ti Lite mountain bike, size Large to suit riders approx 6' and above, based upon a titanium frame with Shimano XTR components. It is a classic 26" wheeled bike which is in good condition, has been carefully maintained and had Summer use only. It's a lightweight, responsive bike which is fun to ride.

Components
KHS Ti Lite frame with 3AL 2.5V titanium tubes and 6AL 4V titanium drop outs, slightly sloping top tube (ETT 59 cm, ST 56 cm, HT 12 cm)
Marzocchi Bomber Z2 suspension forks, legs and seals in good condition
Shimano XTR components including chainset, STI gear/brake levers, front and rear gear mechs, cantilever brakes and hubs. Gearing is 3 x 8 speed
Campagnolo wheel rims with butted SS spokes. Noticeable wear on front rim brake track.
Titec titanium handlebars and Syncros stem
Charge saddle and alloy seatpost
Shimano M747 SPD pedals
IRC MythosXC Tyres

Asking price is £385 collection from Ealing W5 or may post at Buyer's expense. Let me know if you think the price is off as I need the space for n+1.

Photos:
A beauty 😍

If you want to auction it there's a good website called eBay.

On here you name your price

Thanks for the positive comments and thoughts on my pricing. I've had the bike since 1996 and it dates from 1995 I think. It's a nice frame with good quality components. I'd be happy to sell for a fair price to myself and the buyer. Is it acceptable on Retrobike to ask for offers?

I have received a pm so can be contacted via messages.

Refreshing to hear someone ask! One of our few rules is a firm asking price on for sale threads :)

Thank you for the honest input. I'm out of touch with classic MTB pricing, it's been an education, and have updated the asking price to £750.

Thank you for the honest input. I'm out of touch with classic MTB pricing, it's been an education, and have updated the asking price to £750.
The market for these bikes has gone crazy over recent months, and even taking that into account yours is a very special bike. As much as we all love a bargain I'm sure most of us wouldn't want to see anyone sell something as beautiful as this for too low a price simply because they were unaware of its potential value,

£750 is definitely closer to being a fair price, although its true value as always is dictated by how much someone is willing to pay for it. Good luck with the sale and thank you for bringing it here first, it is a lovely thing.

Last edited:
I second that. Glad to see it listed here. At the previous price it was more than likely picked up by someone who would flip it.

Selling it in parts will further speed up the process as most people here build their bikes and are looking for missing items in that process.

The XTR components are in very high demand, just check ebay to see what they go for, especially the cranks and rear mech.

I've added some more close up photos of the major components to album linked in the original post. The chainset is 175 mm with 26/36/46 rings. The rings are the original ones, tooth profiles are good which shows how relatively little use the bike has had. I've been a road cyclist with a few ventures off road.

I've added some more close up photos of the major components to album linked in the original post. The chainset is 175 mm with 26/36/46 rings. The rings are the original ones, tooth profiles are good which shows how relatively little use the bike has had. I've been a road cyclist with a few ventures off road.
Good stuff by all means! Certainly the components look in really good shape. Your pictures are good too - no out of focus rubbish there!

In all honesty you'll probably have to look at splitting if you wish to turn a sale around quickly. Selling the frame only and then the groupset/wheelset as a package would easily see you over the line if you're after £750. The bars, stem and fork are worth a few quid as well.

I'm not saying that you won't find a buyer for this as a complete bike by the way. It's just that you might have to wait longer for the right buyer. Plenty of love here for KHS (including my end!) but they still don't get the same demand as the more boutique Ti frames out there.

GLWTS whichever way you decide to play it :D

Its easy to sit saying its worth so much when you have zero intentions of parting with any of your own money. If its so cheap why cheap why have none of you offered to put your money where your mouths are?
Hardly anyone has serious money atm and nothing is shifting and that isn't just bikes and retro bike collectors don't really have any idea of value or take into consideration the work involved in splitting bikes, sourcing boxes & materials, time invested into packaging and advertising, taking 20 trips to post offices, dealing with idiots, astronomical fees etc
They have zero idea what anything is worth for most part they just see XTR, not all XTR is valuable especially retro stuff. If you want big money for stuff like XTR gear it had better be NOS/mint/damn well close to it or you'll likely be left sulking at the pittances you're giving it away for.

He takes that to auction he has to work literally a full weeks work with it etc and has to hit close to a grand to get that price which he might well do but not a lot have the time, patience etc to sit splitting bikes which is often a lot more ballache than people realise and any seller will tell you the same.

I get some think they are being helpful and don't want to see anybody get ripped off but why does nobody chime in when other stuff is criminally undersold? That ti frame a few weeks back, Pace rc200 for another example. Because their friends are buying them. So much blocking on this site and not enough putting their own money where their mouths are.

Even when stuff is cheap there are certain things you have to factor in I.E collection costs, time, labour etc

I see a lot of bikes dirt cheap but by the time I factor in the current climate and it might cost anywhere upto £60 for collection etc it suddenly becomes not such a great buy.

Last edited:
Back