Just paid 101,000 yen for a Fake Dirt Shark on Jauce

Wow, talk about making lemonade! Really looking forward to seeing how this comes along. FWIW I think, seeing as the paint appears "legit" inasmuch as it being hand-painted and beautifully so, it still deserves an NOS approach. After all, I'm doubtful you'd want to ride it in anger & risk chipping or scratching it? Certainly hope it does turn a pedal though, if only to show n shine on a sunny day. :)

Wow, talk about making lemonade! Really looking forward to seeing how this comes along. FWIW I think, seeing as the paint appears "legit" inasmuch as it being hand-painted and beautifully so, it still deserves an NOS approach.
Well this is the thing, it may be a 'fake' but it is still of its time, and it is done well. It may be an imitation, but it is an imitation during the time these were sought after and as such a piece of history in and of itself. Not all history has to be rosy to be appreciated.
After all, I'm doubtful you'd want to ride it in anger & risk chipping or scratching it? Certainly hope it does turn a pedal though, if only to show n shine on a sunny day. :)
I think he should ride it in anger and get that beautiful paint showing signs of true love, which is of course only sustained through usage.

Reminds me of a well know local car painter when I was 18 and everyone wanted a carbon bonnet/ mirrors

He would simply stretch women’s tights and then spray a combo of black / grey to give the “carbon effect”.

He also did flip paints - where he would just flick in some colour on the angles of the car to make it look like it has chameleon paint

Latest posts

Back