Just paid 101,000 yen for a Fake Dirt Shark on Jauce

Out of interest.. how did you search? .. bearing in mind that Jauce isn't actually a sales platform, i assume the bike was listed for sale on Yahoo Auctions? Jauce are just a proxy service who facilitate the buying of goods from Japan? .. they offer an alias listing for folks like me in the UK where Yahoo hasn't been supported since 2022.. but being in the US how did you find it?

Jauce and Buyee specialize in making Yahoo Japan Auctions and Yahoo JP Shopping and other japanese shopping platforms accessible from outside Japan.
I have been using them scince 2018 to ship to Germany.
I learned about them from collectors in the US back then. I don't think that they are a UK focused sites.

You can search all Yahoo auctions directly in Jauce or Buyee.

Yes I appreciate that..

What I’m saying is.. before 2022, I could access Yahoo JP from the UK so I would find my goodies on Yahoo Auctions and then post the link to a buying service.. but since 2022, Yahoo JP has been unsupported in the UK so I can’t access the site unless I use the search facility provided by one of the proxy services..

Being in the US where you can still access Yahoo JP, I was wondering how @racecarjohnny managed to find his way to the proxy service without ever seeing the sale listed on Yahoo?

I’ve been buying goods from JP since 2006 ish.. back in the day’s before the proxy services existed, back when Rakuten stores didn’t accept PP and you still had to contact them by fax.. I’know right.. ‘fax’ 😁

The first time I did it.. I had to print off a Rakuten order form which was in Japanese, ask a Japanese speaker to translate it for me, fill out the form, scan it, scan both sides of my credit card and fax it off to who knows where 😁

It’s all a lot easier since the days of buying services, PP and google-translate..

I got a fax back from the Japanese store saying ‘sorry, your credit card isn’t accepted in Japan’ written in perfect English..

Back around 2008, buying services started to pop up, back then they were just individuals with a JP shipping address who would charge 15% but as demand grew, companies popped up offering the same service for a lower cost.. now the world is your oyster..

got a fax back from the Japanese store saying ‘sorry, your credit card isn’t accepted in Japan’ written in perfect English..

🤣🤦‍♂️

This is another one I used to use back in 2006.. ‘Zipangu Treasures’

The instructions are a bit water damaged, they’ve been in my leaky workshop since 2006

FEBADF6B-AF79-4FCB-B6F7-97304E4B83C1.jpeg

They used to advertise on eBay back in the days when eBay was more like the Wild West.. you would click on contact seller, send them a link to the item you wanted from a Japanese shop who wouldn’t ship internationally, they would list the item on eBay, you would buy it.. they would then order it and ship it to the UK..

Looks pretty wild. Really like nothing I’ve seen before. It pops. I’ll start a build thread from here

Attachments

• IMG_6701.jpeg
    IMG_6701.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_6704.jpeg
    IMG_6704.jpeg
    333.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6705.jpeg
    IMG_6705.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6707.jpeg
    IMG_6707.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6709.jpeg
    IMG_6709.jpeg
    301.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_6708.jpeg
    IMG_6708.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6710.jpeg
    IMG_6710.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 59
So now you've looked at the paint job first hand.. how do you think it's been done?

Back