Just bought this

That's what I though about the price to. The plan is to build it up in time for the summer hols in southern Italy where it will see some proper mountains.

As development_cycle points out, that isn't a Kona seat tube. This may well be a 1993 Kona that has had a major repair, hence the respray, hence the non-standard brake cable stops.

If it's a Kona, the rear triangle is from 1993 as evidenced by the rack eyes being in the stay not above and by the triangular holes in the dropouts.

These two pictures are of 1992 and 93 Cinder Cones. As you can see, neither has a seat tube like yours, but the 93 has a similar rear triangle.

If it has a 1" head tube, that tends to suggest that it is either a Fire Mountain or a Hahanna.

Attachments

• 1993 Cinder Cone size 19.jpg
    1993 Cinder Cone size 19.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,717
  • 1992 Cinder cone size 16 left side.jpg
    1992 Cinder cone size 16 left side.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,717
I see exactly what yoy mean. May the seat post has got stuck beacuse there are two seat post the diameter the upper above the top tube the reduced diameter below the top tube.

Any it will supply at miminium a set of project 2 forks.

I see exactly what yoy mean. May the seat post has got stuck beacuse there are two seat post the diameter the upper above the top tube the reduced diameter below the top tube.

Any it will supply at miminium a set of project 2 forks.

Latest posts

Back