Just bought a Carlton Giro

Not setting any records is one thing I can say I am quite good at. Except personal records I can break those every now and then. I also can safely say that I thoroughly enjoy every bike ride.

The frames are not the same the Super Course was built on a 74 degrees geometry and was all 531 tubes. The Record Ace on 73 degree geometry.
The Corsa was a 72 degrees and Truwel.
The Giro might be 73 degrees and some is 531 tubing.

Last edited:
I have to say the seat post geometry seems to make little difference to me my position seems to stay the same in relation to the bottom crank. The saddle is just set further back or forward to keep that relationship. The Super Course in my case has a bigger frame by miles and the Corsa is a tiny 19.5" frame, the Giro is 21.5" so nicely in between the two. The Corsa is very comfortable the Super Course is slightly more stretched out but still comfortable. While the frames are different sizes the reach is not so different the stems are similar length but the tops of the bars on the Corsa project forward a good deal more than on the Super Course. The bars on the Super Course are much wider than the Corsa. The Giro's bars and stem and top tube are all closer to the Corsa, but as both the others are great to ride I am sure this will be too.

Last edited:
Well I have added bar tape and if this works entirely I will be surprised but it looks interesting with the rust arrested and removed from the paintwork and a coat of lacquer a bit of polishing but only a little. The front brake hanger was just rust coloured but aluminium WD40 equivalent followed by vinegar has brought it up as in the picture. I lacquered it because clearly the chrome is compromised but even so it is quite a transformation. You can see where the rust was but most are now grey or black marks under the lacquer. I have just done a jury rig for a reflector on a stainless steel wire to get a model for an alloy piece that I will make.

Attachments

• DSC_0170.JPG
    DSC_0170.JPG
    787.6 KB · Views: 30
Back