JRJ Olympic Track

Re:

Hello - thanks for the positive comments! The hubs are actually Hardens & roll very well even now - think they had new bearings not long ago.

Ah, I forgot Hardens did hubs with holes and not just the bacon slicers :D I thought about BH Airlight but they were often red and possibly a bit small..

Is the paint original?

Shaun

Re:

Hello Sean - well it`s the same colour as near as possible - here`s some pics of it as found thrown in the back of a pickup at a local `Autojumble`.

Attachments

• jrjhead.JPG
    jrjhead.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 845
  • jrjdown.JPG
    jrjdown.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 845
  • jrjseat.JPG
    jrjseat.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 845
Blimey that has scrubbed up well as they say......... Any idea what the blue writing said at the top of the head tube?

Shaun

Re:

I think it was a transfer someone had put on at some time - it literally flaked away when I touched it - I`ll make sure the bike doesn`t end up in such a state again!

Re:

Lovely! I feel like an idiot for asking, but what's the chrome between the saddle tip and top tube?

Used to live a few yards from Hyde park Corner... I wonder where the shop was?

Thanks a lot for the picture - that Leodis site is great. I knew the Harehills shop & the ill fated warehouse place in Hunslet in the 90`s. The current shop is much nicer. The upright at the front of the saddle is a strut to stop the nose going down under pressure of a bouncing bum on a rougher surface like a `threepenny bit` board track or maybe grasstrack. The stem is an Accles & Pollock & allows a lot of possible variations a bit like a look ergo stem I suppose. The bars are set a little on the high side to accomodate my lad`s dodgy lower back.

Re:

julianm":98fr957g said:
Thanks a lot for the picture - that Leodis site is great.

Isn't it amazing that these fabulous creations, that were eventually exported world-wide, were coming out of the basement of what became 'slum clearance' housing!

The old adverts gave different addresses, 77,79 and 80 for the shop (see Classic Leightweights site http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bu ... ckson.html), perhaps they were all the same in the eyes of the Post Office, but I would have thought that the usual convention of odd house numbers on one side and even the other would have prevailed. I guess JRJ had a bit of an empire in a corner of Leeds 6 :D

Back