JOIN THE ORANGE "CLOCKWORK" CLUB,show your bikes!

TBH, the frame has been holed up in my loft for the past 2 years, waiting for a pair of the original flouro Orange forks to be sourced, but to no avail.

I had the pace forks going spare, so I thought that was the next natural choice.

I decided to strip my '96' c16 down and fit the mainly 737 group onto it. I'm aware that it's not period but it was just crying out to be built up and ridden.

Re:

I think the polished Pace forks balance out nicely with the seatpost, cranks and other polished bright work and makes the bike look sharp and 'timeless'. Unless you're going for a regulation retro nice period correct build for concourse showing, it's a good choice of parts – after all, these bikes are meant to be ridden end enjoyed to the max.

Re:

They've multiplied! Just picked up another belter locally. The new one originally came from Airevalley Cycles in Keighley which is where I did my work experience and spent many a happy hour looking at the Orange range. They're both great but the new one is just slightly brighter with just a few less chips. It also has a mint saddle and Hot Rods. :cool:

Plan is to move the LX stuff on to the other frame then build the Airevally bike with either XT or Suntour. Fun!

Attachments

• DSC00949.JPG
    DSC00949.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC00948.JPG
    DSC00948.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 657
  • DSC00947.JPG
    DSC00947.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 658
  • DSC00946.JPG
    DSC00946.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 657
Re:

Can you tell the difference? I think the Airevalley bike's orange is a bit deeper and brighter. :?

Attachments

• DSC00958.JPG
    DSC00958.JPG
    98.8 KB · Views: 652
  • DSC00957.JPG
    DSC00957.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 652
The aire valley does look a little more vibrant, looks in exceptional condition... :) .. Too be honest looking at the pictures am struggling to remember seeing a better example of a current 1992 clockwork in the Orange and white fade!

Re:

Stunning pair there, Edd... :shock: :cool:

I'll be sniffing round if you're selling one of the frames.. Still to
own a orange/white fade beauty!

:D

Re:

Thanks all. I'll do a proper thread for the new bike when I get chance. The other bike will defo be on it's way in some shape or other as I don't have the room for both really. Saying that, my wife, who has no interest in bikes said she liked these yesterday and said we should have his and hers orange/white fades!

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":3crh48x7 said:
Thanks all. I'll do a proper thread for the new bike when I get chance. The other bike will defo be on it's way in some shape or other as I don't have the room for both really. Saying that, my wife, who has no interest in bikes said she liked these yesterday and said we should have his and hers orange/white fades!

Absolutely lovely Clockworks there!

I acquired an Orange Stalk a few months back and have been wondering what to do with it since – think I have a good idea what scheme to go with now :D

His & Her's matching bikes – is this a very subtle ploy to acquire more bikes? ;)

Back