John Tomac Giant ATX 890

Mountaintrail

Dirt Disciple
Picked this 1996 Giant ATX 890 up today for a great price. The elastomers were gone in the Rockshox fork so I rebuilt them, replaced the failed elastomers with heavy coil springs, better then new now and smooth. It has a killer Sakae Japan 135mm stem, very machined looking. The guy I bought it from used to be a rep for Giant in Colorado back in the mid/late 90's and new Tomac personally, real nice guy. Frame is a 20" Alcoa CU-92, 6013-T6 aerospace aluminum, could possibly be the absolute best aluminum to make a bike frame out of due to it's resistance to crack or fracture as well as resistance to corrosion. I've always been a steel is real guy but when I do buy an aluminum frame bike it's of the higher quality options. I changed the seat as it was coming apart, also pedals and made a few adjustments, bike is awesome and rides great. It has the old Tioga tan wall psycho tires that I love, sure wish I had a source for a new set just like em. I have it dialed in but have yet to begin cleaning and polishing it up, hopefully start that after work tomorrow. Overall very happy with this one and hope to be clocking some trail miles on it soon.

Attachments

• Giant ATX 1.jpg
    Giant ATX 1.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,234
  • Giant ATX 2.jpg
    Giant ATX 2.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,233
  • Giant ATX 3.jpg
    Giant ATX 3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,233
  • Giant ATX 4.jpg
    Giant ATX 4.jpg