JMC's Specialized FSR - on youtube

Re: Re:

fattiman":1omhtjfd said:
https://youtu.be/q1pOhewmdCE

I will say it one last time.... Your mates bike is not the one from dirt!
The one in dirt has full Jason Mcroy decal red avids and red DCD. As per the correct link above!!!!

I think you need to watch the video a little closer as the brakes have no anodised red on.

I'll take the word of the man himself

Re: Re:

44Racing":3nojxl80 said:
fattiman":3nojxl80 said:
https://youtu.be/q1pOhewmdCE

I will say it one last time.... Your mates bike is not the one from dirt!
The one in dirt has full Jason Mcroy decal red avids and red DCD. As per the correct link above!!!!

I think you need to watch the video a little closer as the brakes have no anodised red on.

I'll take the word of the man himself

I stand corrected on the anodised red parts, don't think I've ever viewed Dirt in such clarity.

As I said before factory bikes are chopped and changed all the time and as said my friends FSR is claimed to be the bike from Dirt by JMC, so this could be correct for the rolling chassis, but not the component parts.

I'm sure the owner on the bike will pop up and explain all

If you want conclusive proof just look at the decals, specifically where they are worn. Considering that your mate bought the bike after Dirt was filmed his does not have the marks on the decals of the bike in the film.

fattiman":1wr8fdxb said:
If you want conclusive proof just look at the decals, specifically where they are worn. Considering that your mate bought the bike after Dirt was filmed his does not have the marks on the decals of the bike in the film.

Decals are far from conclusive proof, as said before I own a factory race team where we run 15+ race bikes in a season and not one will have the same spec or decals throughout the season as factory race bikes are work horses and are a constant evolution/test bed of prototype parts.

At the time Dirt was never considered groundbreaking or iconic so the riders wouldn't really have any reason to time freeze any bike, just like JMC's HT that sold in recent times as that wasn't in the exact Dirt spec. Dirt only became iconic after the sad passing of JMC.

My mate didn't purchase the bike he won it from JMC, so the claim of it being the "bike" from Dirt is from that...I think the only definitive answer would be the frame and serial numbers.

I'd love to own any of JMC's bike's as they are some of the rarest MTB's in the world hence the five figure sums that are being offered for them at present

I can understand why people are offering that sort of money, did your mate have any offers on his at the race?

fattiman":2enjut5e said:
I can understand why people are offering that sort of money, did your mate have any offers on his at the race?

Not that I know of at the race, but he has been offered £15+K for it and I know Specialized are trying to obtain it

I'm not sure who's been making the offers, but I know both Specialized UK and Specialized World are interested in it...I reckon it would go for £20+k with the right bidders.

Back