JMC's Specialized FSR - on youtube

Good little vid, innit? Not seen Avids like that before. Mind you I was looking through some old catalogues and there were whole bikes there that I don't remember even a bit. I used to read those things like textbooks. I think I am losing my memory.

Re:

Not sure that your mates is the one used in dirt as there are loads of differences prob another of his training or race bike though.

Re: Re:

fattiman":149vne2m said:
Not sure that your mates is the one used in dirt as there are loads of differences prob another of his training or race bike though.

It is 100% the bike he rode in Dirt, it may not be the exact spec as when it was ridden in the film, but this was confirmed by JMC, the bike is signed by JMC, it was obtained from JMC just over 20 years ago and hasn't been touched or ridden since. The BDS Legends race last weekend was the first time that this bike has ever been on display.

Re:

This is the dirt bike,

Different top tube decal - why would he bother changing it?
Different colour DCD
Different coloured avid levers and canties

JMC had many team bikes which your mates is definately one but still don't think it's the one from the film.

It's a great bike and I would love to own one of JMCs bikes one day!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 369
Re: Re:

fattiman":vmymb00o said:
This is the dirt bike,

Different top tube decal - why would he bother changing it?
Different colour DCD
Different coloured avid levers and canties

JMC had many team bikes which your mates is definately one but still don't think it's the one from the film.

It's a great bike and I would love to own one of JMCs bikes one day!

The one you've pictured isn't the bike from Dirt, the FSR in Dirt doesn't have any anodised Red on the canti's or brake levers, the top tube decal is the silver JMC and not the full Jason McRoy decal.

As said the bike my mate owns was directly from JMC who confirmed that it was the Dirt bike. The only spec difference appears to be it having a silver DCD as to the red DCD in dirt.

You can clearly see no red anodising on the brakes and the top tube decal in the video - http://youtu.be/WeCGFUB6We0

Specs on factory team bikes are and always have been chopped and changed as they are effectively test beds for prototype components. I've been on numerous factory/factory backed teams where this has always been the case and it is still the case with the factory team I own/manage.

Re:

Here are some crappy stills to prove it.....

You can CLEARLY see now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 355
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 356
Back