Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project *Finished*

Re: Re:

therealjaxon":ivp84kik said:
Right, that'll do, I've had enough - next bike will definitely be painted!!

& I was gonna ask you to finish mine off :LOL:

Re:

No chance!! ;)
I'm also a little unsure what to put on it now, tried some wax polish but that just made it murky :?

You still got that Avalanche btw?

therealjaxon":26teoy7u said:
No chance!! ;)
I'm also a little unsure what to put on it now, tried some wax polish but that just made it murky :?

You still got that Avalanche btw?

Gone to a good home I'm afraid so gotta get the Zasky done

Re:

Aww shame, a different time and I would've had that straight away.
This project is costing a little bit though so no bike purchases till September probably.
Did you manage to sort BB for yours? There was a UN70 on eBay that went for about £15.

Re: Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project

Prob just gonna stick a new modern one on for reliability

therealjaxon":1s2b5641 said:
Help please :)......

What is this?

And what is this?
the top one is a steering from the lates mag21 (around 1995)
the other is one of the first generation, mabye from mag20 early '90
the top one is the same shape like those of a mag21SL, but those of a mag 21SL have an alu steering tube

Re:

Today I have been mostly.......polishing cranks.

Been a little slow otherwise, working a shift that doesn't allow for bike work after so probably get on with building next week or week after.
I have though been buying bits and pieces: inner tubes, rim tape, hub spanners, spoke key, new rear Q/R, cable end crimps blah blah.
Oh and also got the pedals primed which look awesome surprisingly - as I had to repair the scuffed ends, thought the logo would suffer, so pics of those once painted ;)
Finally still waiting to paint the RockShox, kinda annoying when you are relying on somebody else and they're not as keen as you are! :LOL: Once those are done I can get this thing rollin' :cool:

Re: Jax's 1991 GT Zaskar project

Those cranks look great :cool:

Any before pics? would be good to see a comparison.

Niall.

Re:

Yeah sure :)

I forgot to take a pic of the left arm before I started :oops: - never actually intended to polish 'em originally but because there was already a bit of heel rub I thought' fookit' and gave 'em a full shine :)

Back