I've decided that.... (you ain't gonna like this....)

When I was little we used to go in my uncles CooperS, at one time he had the dash out and two bellmouths poking through the hole in the bulkhead;-)

Re:

Reading this thread through brought back some interesting memories, from backintheday (high school). For that was back in the seventies, and while gas was relatively cheap and American cars BIG .. it was only the local school drug dealers that could afford the real desirable American muscle cars (Cameros, Cudas, Dusters, Malibus, Superbees etc) .. the ones with Hurst shifters/trannies and Hooker headers and traction bars and honking angry V-8's that pumped out over 300 or even 400 h/p.

Most of the rest of us poor kids glued together whatever we could; or as in my case, spent far less money (than a car) and bought a really nice motorbike (in grade 11 I bought myself a brand spankin new 1974 Honda CB750f with the money I'd earned on weekend jobs over a couple years).

Anyway, my sister's then boyfriend had a pretty cool Mini that he'd fixed up really quite nice, with wider wheels, some trick goodies like leather-bound steering wheel and tach etc, and a cool (rattle can) paint job, and we used to go cruising around in that little bomb to the school's weekend beach parties and stuff all over the place. Thing was great, and my sister's boyfriend could fuel the thing with the money he'd scrounge from a weekend's returned empty beer bottles.

Ya - you Brits have introduced the world to some pretty cool things, over the years!

Re:

Takes allsorts, and people think I'm odd... you'll be back wanting more old tat!

Keep the Breezer.

al. :D

Re:

Thanks for the memories, comments, clips.....if/when it comes to making a decision the Breezer stays, come what may. For now though think will just keep on as I am, had a bit of a reality jolt today when I realised the Ka is due an MOT.... :facepalm:

Whatever happens will need to keep him on the road so will wait and see what if anything needs doing this year, his luck will have to run out sometime and if it's this year it could be expensive and everything else will be on the back burner.

Truth is, there isn't an awful lot tied up in the bikes money wise, it's just that space would be at a premium if I actually wanted to use the car port for a car, rather than a workshop :LOL:

There's a snowmobile repair shop up the road from me that often has classic Brit cars sitting out front for sale (had a Triumph Herald out front in the summer). This was sitting out front in the fall. Passed the pics on to Ted A. on here, who passed them on to his Mini club, and it disappeared. Someone got a rare car in mint condition.

IMG_2549_zps21qybs6d.jpg

I've still got a mini, it's sitting in my garage sadly but my plan over the summer is to get it up and running. I've had it for nearly 10 years and I'd rather sell a kidney than get rid of it. I will root out a picture of when she was in her prime.

Latest posts

Back