It's not about the bike...Shut up Lance...It so is.

orange71":2np4rb46 said:
I think I'm with you (lost it a bit in the middle there!) - when I'm on any of my bikes I sometimes wish I had a sticker that says "my other bikes are ...", sadly it is an insecurity thing, but we live with it.

Attachments

• my other bike 005.jpg
    my other bike 005.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,015
i rode both XC & DH, at competitve level, as well as just riding.

we all have a competitve spirit, wether its down to having the bestest, coolest bike & bits etc, or simply by having better skills.

alongside my retro collection, my DH bike is pretty top-noch, but my race XC bike is only £600s worth, & it does the job fine. My nicolai does get looks, my xc bike does not, but either way i dont give a toss. All i care about is having a dam good time :D

Nostalgia for an age yet to come....

If Cannock was anything to go by, our old school possee raid on the North Downs will attract more fresh converts to Retroism - yo 'missmyfat'! - and if JV brings his stickers, we ought to have a couple of new members seeing the light by lunchtime! Perhaps we should hold the Dorking/Westcott LBS to ransom, circle the entrance with old school metal and entice pimply 16 years old with £1500 to spend to head for ebay...

Neil

Back