Its been a funny old few weeks

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Some of you have noticed that I havent been around much, some were annoyed and some are happy about that.

I received a phone call to say that my father had died, back in April - to cut a long story short, that has ended some 5 decades of pain and anguish for many people for reasons I cant go into but some of you do know and some will guess

In the intervening time my mojo has gone off somewhere. Sure I've been riding bicycles (my neighbour drags me out so I dont disappear up my own ego) but to sit here and get into endless debates as to what thing is/ was better , what thing fits what and what thing do I have, it has all left me a bit cold.

Its also been a bit of a squirrel hunt in my headspace, dealing with old wounds and feelings that should have long disappeared by now but re-appear like an unflushable turd. Work has been challenging - which has been a good distraction so I dont sink too far into myself

But its been many weeks of nothing. I cant even do the alcoholic thing right! A lethargic nothing that consumes whole days then its suddenly time to get up for work despite the fact it was Friday just minutes ago. The weather isnt playing ball either - I want to be out but I dont want to be soaked through - damn you weather (shakes fist lethargically from sofa)

So, I'm here but I'm not, maybe I'm just there, fiddling with a chainset, wandering what frame it will fit.

I for one am pleased to see you back LGF. We have met several times dating back over a decade! It has been a very strange year for everyone with your added family complications only making it worse.

Keep on keeping on as they say. A busy mind is less likely to dwell on things so keep tinkering. Maybe we can all look forward to another Cannock Turkey Twizzler at the end of the year?

Are you sure you're not just back because John has cut your lead at the top of most posts lists down to below 10,000?

Seriously though, nice to see you back here. Now get on and find that mojo of yours - I'm sure it's around there somewhere :)

Just glad you're still around - seems quiet on here at the moment, and I know a few folks are having a rough time.

PM me if you fancy some light-hearted abuse.

I had noticed you weren't about much since the reboot so glad to see you back. Hope you can come out the other end mate, mojo restored and ready to go.
I was thinking this as well! I was assuming you were just cross that some of your badges have disappeared.

Hope you're doing okay. Pleased you're still lurking in the shadows ...

Your shining light had been missed by this member too, glad you have managed to express your feeling right now, it helps....... Hope you can sort the feelings out and get back to your marvelous, grumpy, miserable, funny, helpful, hinderance, knowledgable (delete as appropriate) self.

Seriously if you need someone to vent to, I know your feelings so feel free......

Back