It's been 12 years now... (FSR content)

This is how it is looking now:

A bit on the rough side. But I am still learning metalworks...

What do you think?

That is an awsome job! I have one question thought; Isn't that part of brake wire between cable stop and brake hanger supposed to be in straight line? It seems as it is rubbing on the edge of cable stop.

I thought that was just because the brake cable was not yet cut. So it bends the hanger towards the front. But maybe I'll have to take a closer look.

Today the weather was better so I was able to take a few shots for the Bike of the month-contest. Beware of a picture flood :LOL:

The parts list:

Frame: Specialized 1995 s-works team fsr (Steel front, aluminium rear)
Shocks: Cane Creek AD10 (completely serviced)
Forks: Specialized FSX converted to Hydracoil dampening
Stem: Specialized Titanium
Headset: Rabid
Steerer: No idea.

Hub front: White Industries
Hub rear: Shimano XT 739
Rims: Mavic 217 SUP
Drivetrain: XTR M900
Brakes: XTR M900 + Titanium pad holders
STI: XTR M900
BB : Syncros Hardcore Ti
Saddle: Flite Titanium Cevlar
Seatpost: X-tasy

Re:

If I had known the entertainment this thread was going to give me I would have considered sending you that saddle for free, but I have your money now ;).

I am concerned for the original dented frame though, is it back in the bacement?

I can't wait for the tale of the snowflake front wheel, I am sure there will be a few cliffhangers in that.

Oh, really that good? Well, thank you!
You're welcome to send paypal-donations to zxmgb26 at yahoo.de at any time :LOL:

I must say your saddle came just in time!

The dented front triangle is still in my basement. Well will see what time will bring for that. But it won't see too much progress until I get myself a lathe. I have been in the market for such a machine for 3 years now. But I am lacking the funds right now... (see above :mrgreen: )
For the frame to work again I would need to fabricate quite a few bushes and bolts.

About the snowflake wheel I am afraid there is no cliffhanger waiting. I got that wheel as is in '99. Together with a bike I bought for my girl friend (now wife) back then. I really like the looks. But it rides rather mushy.

Today the weather was, well.. OK. And I had free time. So me and my brother in law met to have a nice little three hour trip through the local woods. It was the first opportunity to test the fsr. And for my b-i-l to ride my Mantra and try a full suser for the first time.

I must say I am impressed by the FSR. So nice to ride. Super smooth, hardly any flex noticable. Much lighter than the Mantra. Thats a keeper.

Cheers!

Back