It's been 12 years now... (FSR content)

The brakes are clean now and got a bit blinged up with titanium bolts. Plus my new set of hangers arrived :D
Looking to replace the Magura asap. But I need to fabricate a new canti-hanger :facepalm:
Or I could try and mount the red judy DH brake bridge. But I dont think it would be looking good, somehow.

Where did you get those bolts and pad holders? Do you think it is possible to get them in red color and if it will be safe to have those things made out of aluminum?

This is one of the most compelling stories I've ever read. You could do a Dave Gorman stand up routine on this.

Chapeau, Sir!

I dont think it is possible to make red or colored titanium parts, besides that rainbow effect that you get by heating it up.
I would not use aluminium for pad holders, at least not that skinny. The other bolts on the pic are the size of bottlecage bolts they have nothing to do with the brakes other than looking good in the pic. :LOL: I got them together with the pad holders from a fellow retrobiker.
I have seen people using Aluminium for bolting the brakes to the frame, so that shouldnt be a problem.

@peachy_boy: Thanks! I am glad you like it.

Edit: No, I was wrong. They are selling Titanium bolts in different colors very similar to the anodized aluminium. I did not know that until now. :?

Aluminium bolts are OK to hold the rear brakes on but not the front.
You can anodise titanium but not red, red isn't possible.

hmmmm, maybe those green and blue bolts are bit over the top, unless you are going to drown it in rasta scheme of colors?

Youre right. I will definitely swap that green bolt. And those yelowish Magura bolts, too. I'll have to order something that looks better.

Today I fabricated a new cable holder for the forks. I could have bought one that may have looked better. But I was in that DIY mood...

First a hole and a thread. This could be used for those Suntour Power Hangers if everything else fails...
1967407-iaro8k2ggly8-img_0323-large.jpg

Then saw, file, bore, bleed, file...
1967415-7ro21sx3cdta-img_0324-medium.jpg

1967416-m6pfbtiptirz-img_0325-medium.jpg

1967417-ivlfgdoysg83-img_0326-medium.jpg

1967418-295iwd9tx8eg-img_0327-medium.jpg

Back