it all comes around eventually

Other companies did the egg rings BITD. The company was called EGG Rings (Ithink). Shimano must feel jipped that some clever marketing has revived a bad old idea.

The point is that there are a lot of folk with plenty of cash in cycling now who will buy whatever their shop tell them or whatever they see on a pro's bike.

im sure shimano are more sore about crushing their dx pedal mould and having every company copy the legendary parallelogram shape

im sure they will wait for some small companies to produce enough rings then change the 4 arm bcd pattern

"This is likely one of the most technologically advanced bicycle components I've ever tested."

He's old enough to know better, so I assume there is money in the deal.

maybe that phrase can be cross referenced with my " job help " thread :LOL:

ie he cant think of anything worthwhile to say so has come up with something the suits want to hear :LOL:

tbh they never really went away the egg osymetric rings and the rotor ones have been out for a good while. Also I have read on another forum from a few very good cyclists that they do work.

Eggrings are still made- chris bell is still the boffin :)

To be fair the orientation of BioPace was actually the wrong way round-

Chris used to recommend moving the rings anti-clockwise by one bolt hole

to make em work better...................................

Andy

Not for singlespeed! :LOL:

Hey I liked the Bioops it don't work, i think I had a Suntour version. It was a must on my BITD retro bike. Infact I requested a swap to 1990 chainset on my new 1991 Tequesta, still got the crank RH, no idea where the rings and LH went!

hey I'd give it a go, defo on a retro.

But, how old am I feeling recently!
Biopace back.
Retro Handmedowns clothes in shops.
80's gear in fashion.
80's music copying bands in fashion.

and I'm to old and wack to know anything about that! :oops:

New way their way! :D

Biopace actually works quite well on ss/fixed- road a fixie this way years ago.

I think 10% ovality or therabouts is the max- still pretty oval though :)

Andy

Latest posts

Back