Is your collection complete ?

Reading others posts, what I find interesting is (a) I'm not the only one who sometimes hides the true price of my acquisitions, and (b) the size of a collection seems to be measured relative to garage space, rather than number of bikes or cost, and there's something I really like about that.

No.

And I don't think I will either.

I have one of them - 94/4 P7 - but as others have said, there was so much new and innovative stuff flying about at that time, that it would be almost impossible to have landed everything you wanted.

When I bought my second P7 in 99/2000, I almost pulled the trigger on a Klein Attitude Comp instead as they were the same price. What I didn't know then is that they're not as highly regarded as the early ones, so it's lost a little kudos over the years, but I still love the look.

Re:

Mostly yes..................

I have covered most of my wishlist Got a Fuquay and a Yates, Got a Muddy Fox Team Alu 91 back, and an MT4, Had a few disappointments along the way and a few pleasant surprises too.

If I could get a Roberts at the right price..............

The only other thing is something in aluminium with square tubes Pace would be nice but there is one other......................... ;)

Re:

No.

I've bought 6 bikes/frames for my collection since the summer :shock: , but still have 2 outstanding (see signature) :| , plus a heap of parts to acquire.

I could just go nuts and buy quite a few parts that are listed on this forum, but I'm trying to keep the cash available for the rarer stuff I need first as I'd hate that to pop up only not have the cash to buy! Quite close to completing a few, so once that's done I'll focus on the bare framesets that need a load of components.

only had afew when i was younger. loved the paces and yetis from the early 90s and had a few paces so ticked that box, yeti i doubt i ever will due to no large ones ever up for graps......in my price range. had an amp i lusted after watch tread, the trek 9000/9800s got bought after wanting one when they first came out and nobdoy liking them now :) a kona explosif in gold, loved them!!!!

my tastes have changed a bit since then, no i love bespoke steel frames hence the overbury and fuquay but never really got excited back then. early 80s bikes werent top of the tree either, although ive always liked chainstay u brakes, look clean and simple. never thought id be chuffd to own/have owned a few cool examples now.

good question, got me think again now................bugger!!!

legrandefromage":3hteesc1 said:
Some of the 'unicorns' have turned out to be a load of old tosh with some cheapies blowing them away in terms of out right performance.

I couldn't agree more.

As for my collection, it's too big. All I need are the Sbike and the Scott.
I do still fancy a replica of the Dark Angel Cannondale though.

Re:

My collection is complete :D

… until I find another bike :facepalm:

Re:

I doubt it will ever happen, but would love to have every model of 1995 Marins! I currently have two.

Trying to justify a whole fleet to the mrs isn't ever gonna go down well, but how cool would it look all rowed up

For me nearly,I've had the bikes i dreamed off as a kid looking through the magazines but now have moved them onto good homes.
In order of i really need.
1. 1988 Marin Pine Mountain
2. Dave Yates Vulcan in the same colours as his prototype.
3.1989 MS Racing Pro Comp
If i got the Marin i could say i've completed the reason i got into mountain bikes.

Re:

My Fat collection is complete thankfully but after seeing some gorgeous early Fats recently, I keep thinking I might just need an 82/83.

Back