Is your collection complete ?

No

I think i have owned somewhere between 35 to 50 bikes
For Some reason i find the searching And building more satisfying then just to own the bike

I always thought that Some bike would make collection complete like The klein dolomite but when i finally bought it, iT didnt do iT for me.
Bikes i shouldnt have sold ? The serotta atx, The yo aqua fade And 1 of The Nuke proofs titanium.

In My current collection there isnt one bike that is very special to me.. Well, maybe The Groovy... I like that one, And The Voodoo Wanga.. That one rides great
But all the others (i have sold My previous collection à few years back, but for Some reason i have bought 9 bikes since July) are all just projects... Maybe 1 Will grow on me,... Like The sunn exact.

Currently i am in The proces of building My own bike. À Custom ti rigid 650b , inspiration : yo Eddy, Nuke proof, morati

Re:

Having said my collection wasn't complete I actually think it might be having just received a new addition.

Ruling out either huge expense (Yo Eddy etc) or unobtanium (Very specific Clockwork) my collection now reads exactly as what I was lusting after at the time from the age of 11.

1989 Saracen Tufftrax.
1990 Marin Pine Mountain (Team would also work).
1992 Orange Clockwork.
1993 GT RTS-1 project.

I guess I'm missing a 1991 and that would probably be either another Orange or an e-stay Saracen with the bonkers graphics but for once I think I'm probably happy with my lot.

Re:

Defiant":2bwpllp6 said:
I always thought that Some bike would make collection complete like The klein dolomite but when i finally bought it, iT didnt do iT for me.

That is called "hedonic adaptation". We've all been there, that's why now experts recommend experiences instead of material gifts for extra happiness
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedonic_treadmill

Defiant":2bwpllp6 said:
For Some reason i find the searching And building more satisfying then just to own the bike

Partially, me too. That's why I like to either:
-find good deals, fix them, and then re-sell for a higher price. I then used the "profit" to finance repairs/upgrades on my bikes without piling up stock
-find cheap or free bikes, fix them, and give them to friends (or partners of friends) that need a bike but would never buy themselves. I got a Scott lady's city bike for 15 EUR, fixed it, and gave to a friend who helped us in our wedding serving the champagne. Now I'm fixing a bike I found on the street next to the waste bins, and will go to my wife's office, where they always need loaner bikes for the company visitors (It's a cool office where there is no parking place for cars, only a big garage for the employee's bikes).

No :facepalm: Surprising answer round here :LOL:

Im going to diversify from complete bikes to early Hope hubs only. Was their hydraulic and mechanical brakes and hubs but ive decided to stick with hubs and I'll keep with the mechanical brakes too as theyre the hardest to find especially new.

Of the 88-93 era i've 9 of their hubs all new except one front, which itself is a one off made for them by a different company and looks really nice. Along with some company prototypes in the shape of the C2 No10 140mm, Ti-glide, the spline connections and such.
And a new and a pair of the Mk1 calipers from their team. Plus all the other stuff trev gave me :cool:

It's actually getting to be a bit of a museum :?

Could do with some more early rotors, both the 4mm thick hardened steel ones and the lightweight Ti nitride coated alloy.

We'll get there or die trying :LOL:

Re:

It would have to be a Pace RC200, xt thumbies, XTR, USE post, flite titanium, lots of purple... Drawing inspiration from numerous Mint Sauce cartoon strips. I have had that bike in my minds eye for 25 years. Perhaps this year :)

Back