Is this a 1989 Marin Muirwoods?

Could well be that the catalogue says 1989 somewhere as it's the publication date, but shows the 1990 range which might not be obvious.

Could well be that the catalogue says 1989 somewhere as it's the publication date, but shows the 1990 range which might not be obvious.
Yes, I see what you mean, and it's not unusual that the catalog would come out sometime in the year prior to the model year it was advertising.

I was almost ready to sell the frame set, but after all this thinking about it, I don't think I can. The frame is good but the rest of the bike was in a rough state, and it is probably not worth sourcing replacements for the Exage Country/Trail components that are broken. I do have a complete bike's worth of 1990 and 1991 LX and 400LX parts that would fit well on the bike, I think.

Oh man, this is how another project starts....

Last edited:
Yep, 1989. Bought mine a few years ago in north America. Pic is from the for sale ad - bike was original with the exception of the tyres. Interesting you say the faded decals were green, I always thought they were yellow.

Attachments

• 1989 Marin Muirwoods splatter 01.JPG
    1989 Marin Muirwoods splatter 01.JPG
    507.8 KB · Views: 11
Back