Is it an Orange or a lemon? Help needed identifing please.

I quick glance instantly reminded me of the Clockwork a school friend had back in the early 90s. Nothing more forensic than that, I'm afraid! Gut feel all the way...

Re:

Many thanks to everyone, I've just come off nights so am hoping to get stuck in soon.
If I come across any more info I'll post it up. :D

Re:

More questions than awnsers after a quick strip down!! I have a frame number which I found most of hiding under the cable guide on the bb, the first digit is hard to make out but I'm pretty sure it's a B, so B9D59515 is what I think it is. Inside the headtube were stickers marked "welding/brazing hole seal". The forks which match do the frame are stamped cr-mo made in Japan. fc-m400 crank & the handle bars were stamped are Muddy fox either side of the stem, I hadn't noticed as they were fitted upside down.
Any ideas on the frame number?

Re:

The serial number is not the same as the usual Orange ones from the time, neither are the stem or bars. I'm still going for it being one of the very first batch Orange as a brand sold, based on a Muddy Fox before they refined it for the common 89 design. Either that or a short run of frames not long after from a different factory. Either way, it's defo an Orange Clockwork and I have not seen another like it. :cool:

Re:

This has got me wondering now. I had a 1989 that was marked as a prototype but was basically the same as most other 89's. I wonder if that was a proto from the A-Pro factory that then became the norm after a run of frames like your from a different factory?

Back then they were only selling a handful of bikes so could explain why another like yours has not been seen :?

Re:

..........and didn't muddy foxes have paw prints stamped into the seat cluster area?

RBG

3335570943_4e3f806cfc_b.jpg

Re:

Look at the canti bridge though, exact match for this Orange but no other I have seen. Sticking with my first batch thought.

Re:

I did have a look through "join the orange clockwork club" thread & there were some scanned photo's of one that looked very similar to it & the one in the link above but the detail was a little fuzzy.
I suppose now I have to work out which is the best way to revive it, touch up the paint on the frame, then paint the forks & get it into some kind of order with the most sympathetic parts I have lying around!
Once again thank you to everyone for all your opinions & helpful advice! :D

Back