interesting Russian mech'

£11.69 is more like it :) There are some very determined derailleur collectors out there. I've a frame building pal with close on 100 mechs..

Re:

That's some collection! bet there's some interesting mech's in there.. I'd love to see it

There are indeed some very determined collectors, all with far deeper pockets than mine!
When I started collecting about 8 yrs ago I only knew of Mike at Disraeli Gears and maybe one or two others. You could pick up something nice for a few quid then, but these days anything remotely special or NOS goes silly, even mundane mech's seem to go high if in really good nick. (what's the appeal with 70's-80's Simplex's?? !)

There's still some 'interesting' mech's to be had quite cheaply though I reckon. As collectors tend to go for well known high end models, historically-relevant ones or those with nostalgic appeal, you can pick up less familiar mech's like Favorit Specials for a few quid if you're patient.
Technologically interesting 'uglies' like the Sachs Plasma or Suntour S1 will probably become collectable one day, and nobody wants them, so even NOS ones go for peanuts.

But if you're after a Zeus 2000 for reasonable money, forget it. :(

Re:

Well it's arrived. Surprisingly very light at 205g on my scales, it appears to be an attempt at a quality mech', notwithstanding the rough finish. There's an unusual double parallelogram-spring unlike any other I've seen.

I'm dead chuffed! Cheapest mech in the collection and one of my faves :D

Made by Perm or ZIF according to Disraeli Gears: http://www.disraeligears.co.uk/Site/Per ... lleur.html

Back