Independent Fabrication Ti Deluxe

Re:

I shouldn't really follow this build thread.. I was within minutes of buying this myself outside of ebay, but I got cold feet. I expect I will now be very very jealous indeed!

Re:

Lush.

How are you getting rid of the paint? I thought you'd have to remove the paint and then buff it but it looks 'finished' already.

Re: Re:

CTK":3hgcwhwh said:
Lush.

How are you getting rid of the paint? I thought you'd have to remove the paint and then buff it but it looks 'finished' already.

Dabbing with paint remover, leaving it to loosen the paint then steel wool and lots of hot soapy water. When all the paint is finished I will go over with various grades of scotchbrite, and again lots of hot soapy water. Once the paint is off I don't think I will have to work it much as the finish is looking :cool:

I shouldn't really follow this build thread.. I was within minutes of buying this myself outside of ebay, but I got cold feet. I expect I will now be very very jealous indeed!

:LOL: You can always buy it off me when I am bored of it ;)

Lovely frame!
I would have given it a touch up/respray though, maybe with one bare chainstay like a Nukeproof TiMax.
These coulours are so cool and retro I think it is a bit of a waste to remove it.
What year is it?

Back