Independent Fabrication Ti Deluxe

Harryburgundy":3p71aibd said:
sparkiegaz":3p71aibd said:
So what's happening with this frame,,,are we going to see new owner posting pictures soon, loverly frame,,,

I think we will Gaz. Good to see how another RBer builds it.
Can't wait , liking them more and more and :xmas-big-grin: is coming

Re:

Well, after a few PM exchanges, the IF frame rocked up at my work late last week and I'm delighted to have the privilege of continuing with this project. Most of you will have noticed that Harryburgundy has done all the hard work in removing the paint and applying a new decal set so it would seem rude to immediately re-paint! Frame looks great in its naked finish so it will stay 'as is' for the time being.

Intentions for this will be relatively predictable and will replace my normal ride (pic below and please excuse the kitchen photo, the muddy bike doesn't normally live there) I'm toying with transferring most of the parts but will probably end up changing the forks. Current forks are Fox Float 100 but the frame was designed around a 130 Pike. However, the A-C measurements don't seem to be that different 471mm for the Floats against 478mm for the Pike. Is 7mm going to make much difference to the handling?

Brakes will also be replaced for some late Mono M4s that I have hanging around. Current Avid Juicy Ultimates will be going on the SS and are probably more fitting for it's lighter duties.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 569
Re:

Ooh I so wish I brought this frame,, be great to see her built,,
Southsea you just down the road from me then??? :shock:

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":381hlvrb said:
Looking forward to the build...repainting is good too, I like painted Ti frames.
:shock: oooo ti frames can look great painted, the old serotta ti max hard tails use to be half painted and half with titanium finish ,can't wait to see how this turns out,,,,and it's local also so may see in the flesh,,,

:shock: :shock: still no movement on the frame, you take as long as me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: thought May have seen another update by now :(
Can't wait to see her feller ,,,

sparkiegaz":v4tvatwe said:
:shock: :shock: still no movement on the frame, you take as long as me :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: thought May have seen another update by now :(

Sadly it could be a while as I have other work priorities so not spending much time at home :|

LDP":14zkkb7i said:
sparkiegaz":14zkkb7i said:

Sadly it could be a while as I have other work priorities so not spending much time at home :|
Give her to me ile look after her wile your away :LOL: put her next to couple other ti keep her company ,,,,

Back