Im a bad man

Re:

Bad man and ting :LOL:

Oh if that's a 73mm e type bottom bracket and your going to swap for an ordinary one, I'd be more than happy to buy it from you ;)

Sean

Going take a fair bit or rubbing get that muck off feller, who lets that amount crap build up hey!!!! Be interesting to see just how clean you get her feller?

So the BB tool came today and I was expecting a fight to get it out but came out easy but it's in some nick,can they be replaced? Inside the BB shell is pretty rusty as well,I was thinking about a running a dremel through it and get rid of the ruff stuff

Attachments

• IMAG0813.jpg
    IMAG0813.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 483
  • IMAG0815.jpg
    IMAG0815.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 483
  • IMAG0819.jpg
    IMAG0819.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 483
  • IMAG0817.jpg
    IMAG0817.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 483
  • IMAG0816.jpg
    IMAG0816.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 483
Also do you guys have tips on getting into front and rear d's? Only thing I have had semi success with is canned air duster and it seems to have got out a bit but there's loads of nooks ans cranny that I can't get into that we'll,being using spirit and a toothbrush and cotton buds too

Cheers

Re:

For the BB, start with a good de-greaser and a rather hard toothbrush (I keep a couple of cheap toothbrushes just for that kind of stuff).
Be careful with the de-greaser though. Only use it on the outside of the shell, don't let it get anywhere near the seals on the axle itself.
Also be careful with the toothbrush itself. It's one hell of a way to get a splatter paintjob on the walls, sink, curtains, your clothes, the kitchen cabinet, etc etc.
If you get all the grime and rust off, a coating of grease or Vaseline will protect it for several more years.

As for getting into front and rear derailleurs (we usually write "mechs" here to make it easier), either paintbrushes or a small test tube brush will do the trick.

If it's a really mucky one (which always seems to be the case when you buy a second-hand bike), I use de-greaser, then rinse it with plenty of water to get the last traces of de-greaser out.
Before the water has time to evaporate or cause corrosion, use enough WD-40 or chain oil to get rid of it and wipe the mech down with some paper towels or rags. Not exactly environmentally friendly, but my mechs are perfectly clean afterwards and will only require minimal effort to keep them that way even on the inside.

Awesome info tganks,how reusable are mechs? Was going to pick up new one but they look plasticity and not too reliable.

Back