If you were to buy a modern bike what would you choose?

Shogun, when I look at my Enduro I can't understand how I like it so much with that bad suspension. So, I can't actually say it's a bad bike. Actually, the Pitch uses the same frame, but with a OEM Pike upfront and with "lesser" components that just do their job. I suspect they cancelled the Pitch because it was cannibalizing customers from Enduro territory who were prone to buy the more expensive bike. I haven't ridden the older Enduro, but now you really made me curious!

Oh, and those forks and shocks are made by Fox, by the way! But Fox is anyway the most overrated suspension brand out there, if you ask me, and people would buy actual turds sold by them only for the fact that they would sport a Fox logo. My friend is a mechanic and we opened the fork recently to find out that it doesn't work properly because it's too complicated, has too many air chambers and needs to many seals that press against the stanchion walls and there goes the suspension performance. Talking about overkill...

Sorry for the off-topic!

Mx

shogun":3smuxzmv said:
Maxipedia":3smuxzmv said:
Remember the Pitch? That's exactly my favourite take on a bike: all performance, no nonsense, it was a better bike than the more expensive Enduro, because it had simple RockShox suspension, not overkill "dedicated" items made by Fox and that actually only suit the garbage can. How do I know? I have a '08 Enduro with that awful fork and two of my friends have Pitches. Guess what rides better!

OT now but I have no idea why they went off the '05-07 Enduro chassis design for the 'Enduro SL' in '08-'09...X-Fusion made those dreadful 'futureshock' dual crown forks, enough said. The old bike just KILLED the new one for that couple of years, simple fox shock and fork, slack angles, low BB... Lucky the 2010 onwards Enduro chassis is BRILLIANT.

....Because if they stayed with the same design they wouldn't be able to say 'This swanky new bike is the best design ever and so much better then last years design' every year. :roll:

Orange don't tend to change a winning design too much every year for the sake of it but that leads to many spouting bollox about them. Can't win I guess.

Back