If you could only have 1 bike....

that is waht I hated , push with thumb to get down a gear , maybe they can be set up differently .

cchris2lou":1fxtj91j said:
MJN":1fxtj91j said:
Is it me or are most of these bikes a lot more modern than expected,I'm currently awaiting the delivery of a 1992 Klein Attitude and am more excited about this than getting my Scott Spark team edition a few weeks ago.

I like riding bikes more than looking at them , so if I could only have one , it ll have to be a modern one , but with a prestigious past .

ditto, i'd vastly prefer to ride, rather than look.

scant":2gk990vk said:
cchris2lou":2gk990vk said:
MJN":2gk990vk said:
Is it me or are most of these bikes a lot more modern than expected,I'm currently awaiting the delivery of a 1992 Klein Attitude and am more excited about this than getting my Scott Spark team edition a few weeks ago.

I like riding bikes more than looking at them , so if I could only have one , it ll have to be a modern one , but with a prestigious past .

I'm the opposite- as great as the Yeti is, on my local trails the Hei Hei is much more fun and is always first out of the door and I know if one of the two got the boot it would be the Yeti.

MJN":2xapqzsu said:

I was surprised too despite the first to post up a modern!

I seem to collect more than I ride, but do like to ride, My modern isn't fun to ride, but I will build one.

The retros are a fun trip down memory lane, 'extra bikes' prob could live without em, only if I had to mind. ;) Strangely though Retro bike action had made me rediscover my roots and raw passion for the sport I left for a while, so possibly a topic to revisit me thinks. :)

Interestingly I have little desire for a heavy complicated modern car, different kettle of fish altogether.

I'd maybe go for this in one guise or another...

IMG_0930.jpg

or maybe this...

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur ... f%26sa%3DN

sorry about the mahoosive link :oops:

Dr S":s2zfjbb0 said:
scant":s2zfjbb0 said:
cchris2lou":s2zfjbb0 said:
MJN":s2zfjbb0 said:

I'm the opposite- as great as the Yeti is, on my local trails the Hei Hei is much more fun and is always first out of the door and I know if one of the two got the boot it would be the Yeti.

eh? I say I'd prefer to ride a bike, rather than look at a bike & you say you prefer riding the the kona over the yeti! :LOL:

if you were the opposite surely that means you'd prefer to look at a bike rather than ride!

I would have to pick my Score, as it's the best all-rounder I have and as good as any more modern bike I would choose (Cotic Soda, Cove Hummer, Dekerf or Seven etc.) even though it's only designed for a 100mm fork, and the more modern equivalents take up to 130-140mm. The frame is defo beefier though, so can be used as an xc/trail bike while still being able to handle the Shore.

I sure would miss my King Kahuna to the point of tears, and would surely dream about 5" trail bikes like that Yeti or an Intense 5.5.

But really, what a horrible question to ask! :shock:

Attachments

• Score.jpg
    Score.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 905
Already know my choice would be a Moots YBB, enough like a hardtail for me to associate with the rest of my bikes. Plus a hint of comfort for my ageing aching back

Really hope to buy one when i'm ready for my last bike to take on the grand tour. Intend to order up and collect it then off on my way for the US stage of the adventure.

With a bit of luck should be able to pay for it with the proceeds of a big bike sell off.

Huntso":2xfz5akc said:
Already know my choice would be a Moots YBB, enough like a hardtail for me to associate with the rest of my bikes. Plus a hint of comfort for my ageing aching back

Really hope to buy one when i'm ready for my last bike to take on the grand tour. Intend to order up and collect it then off on my way for the US stage of the adventure.

With a bit of luck should be able to pay for it with the proceeds of a big bike sell off.

have you ridden 1 already? if not test 1 ride. they ride differently to what you might think.

Back