Identifying old frame, Hetchins/Claud Butler?

Re:

Keith, thank you for the continued information. The frame is away for shot blasting at the moment, as soon as its back I'll take some more photos of the forks.

I've been searching through the Classic Leightweights pages and am up to F so far, with nothing really coming close. Most frame numbers I've seen don't have any numbers just as two digits.

Should I be paying any attention to the number after REGP on the rear dropouts?

Thanks for the bearing size for the headset, is there any preferred place to source these from? I'll also need some for the BB.

Re:

Its 50 years since I last bought ball bearings, I think a gross box of 1/8 were about 2 shillings, common headsets used 30 top and bottom.

Keith

Simply bearings Ltd. great service and now do cycle specific ball bearings, though I prefer to choose the higher spec std ones.

Frame had now returned. I've attached some images of the forks. I've found the stamp Reynolds Butted 11-16 on the steerer tube. There is something else stamped under that, but I cant make it out. It also seems to have Pat Pend stamped on the fork crown.

The shot blasting dept very kindly lost one of the races that are sat in the frame. Anyone know where I can get a new complete bearing set up? I'm assuming the size is 11-16th given the stamp on the steerer tube?

Cheers, Chris.

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 218
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 218
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 218
Logdrop":3tqgxvo1 said:
Frame had now returned. I've attached some images of the forks. I've found the stamp Reynolds Butted 11-16 on the steerer tube. There is something else stamped under that, but I cant make it out. It also seems to have Pat Pend stamped on the fork crown.

The shot blasting dept very kindly lost one of the races that are sat in the frame. Anyone know where I can get a new complete bearing set up? I'm assuming the size is 11-16th given the stamp on the steerer tube?

Cheers, Chris.

11-16 refers to the gauge of the tubing on the steerer. I believe it was thicker at the bottom where it was brazed into the fork crown.

Mark.

Back