Ideas on what to offer for this Orange?

Tedgey

GT Fan
I've been offered this by a guy local to me which I'm interested in mainly for parts (will sell the frame on most probably) the guy is mainly into his vintage road bikes tho so has asked me for an idea on price ...... obviously I don't want to skank him with an unfair price but at the same time I'd like a bargain if possible 🤣

orange p7 frame in a brushed metal look and looks to have a bit of lacquer peel and a few rust spots around welds ...etc
ritchey comp handlebars
Ritchey vector saddle
Possible ritchey post too
Ritchey force stem
mavic rims on early looking hope hubs
cane creek headset

The ritchey parts and the early looking hope hubs on there are what peeked my interest and crank looks nice although I can't tell what it is.
Its missing brakes/levers/pedals/chain/front mech and rear mech is a modern slx by the looks.
What would you guys think is a fair price for to give him for it .
Cheers guys IMG-20220909-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
£125 to £150 would be where I'd want to be. In fact you'd kind of hope a hundred in crisp sheets with a 4-pack kicker would do it, but that looks like a very tidy frame and fork so if it was mine I'd be holding out. Those hubs are absolute monsters, and there can't be much post left in the seat tube...

Will be worth more in parts to the person who is patient and can be bothered to box and sell, but that's obvious. They're massively underrated frames - buy it, build it up and get it ridden :)

I'd be hoping a hundred quid would seal the deal. We are well out of the covid shortages in terms of any old bike selling for over the going rate. There are hundreds of bikes for sale on facebook around here. They won't get any other takers for an incomplete bike in the current market I reckon.

Saying you aren't interested in the modern SLX, and he can keep it - might help tip it over.

Thanks guys input is much appreciated as wasn't really sure what would be a fair price.....my initial thought when I saw the pictures was around £120ish as it sits but didn't want to take the pee if I was well out on prices

Back